Newb question: max level?

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Belial666
Young scout

Newb question: max level?

Post by Belial666 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:53 am

Hey guys and gals, just discovered this little gem of a game and I have a question.

Is there a max level? Having found a point where there are unlimited guards to fight in Act II, I'm trying to decide if lots of grinding is worth it. Will I be able to pick all skills for the characters eventually, or does a level cap mandate careful skill choices? And since the level-up screen prevents me from continuing if I got a skill to pick (I think), what happens if there are no more skills to pick - do I get stuck? Last but not least, is a major amount of money helpful for later acts, or will my money/inventory get stolen or something?

Currently I'm in Act 2, Day 11, the "slave for a day" quest, with Althea as a lvl 22 Druid, 27.000 gp in inventory, 7 inventory pages of unsold weapons and 200 unsold gems.

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Newb question: max level?

Post by jack1974 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:56 am

Lol level 22 there is SUPER OVERPOWERED!!! You can reach level 26-27 by END OF GAME :shock:
I don't even understand how you managed to get such a high amount honestly :lol:
And people said SOTW has not enough grinding as Loren? I'll show this post to them! You can stop grinding immediately since there's no point in going on, you get the last skill point around level 24-25 (is made on purpose so that you can't unlock all the skills). You'll still get the attribute points on level up though.

Belial666
Young scout

Post by Belial666 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:35 am

It goes like this;

1) I'm in the "Kidnap Robinia" quest for house Lugal. House Kiduu guards are hunting the party and the party can't use the main streets.
2) We have to use the sidestreets to get around; I've never done it before and with a level 12 party with no chance of rest and Kiduu guards popping up every time we move, I kinda panic and lose my way.
3) We dance around the city a bit, spending gold and expendables to stay alive. About an hour later the party hits lvl 15-16, the fights become easier as I've changed equipment and invested skills/attributes into enough offense+speed so that I can kill the guards before they can act and dig into my non-recharging HP portion.
4) I finally calm down and find my way. Then I realize that with the easy fights, this is a perfect opportunity to grind. Instead of finishing the quest, I keep running around to attract more fodd.. err, I mean guards, and kill them.

Now, each fight has an average of 2 guards. Every other fight on average I get one of their weapons as loot. Each inventory page holds 32 (?) weapons and I have 6 pages of them. That means well over 1500 guards have been slain to feed the party so far - a small medieval army.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:39 am

Ah I see. Nice "cheat" :)
Not going to fix that since I think is fine to leave such "opportunities" for people who wants to grind after all.

Belial666
Young scout

Post by Belial666 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:35 am

Just noticed from posts in this forum that there's a DLC/expansion in the works?

If that extends the skill "cap" beyond lvl 24-25, would it work for people who've ground past that level already?

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:38 am

I checked the code (I don't remember everything) and you get new skill points at level 27 and 30. Past that you will still get the attribute points, but not the skill points. I could change that, but I think I'd prefer to keep attributes points only, otherwise if by the end of game you can get all the skills anyway... not sure :)
But there isn't a real "level cap" you just will stop earning skill points as you level.

Belial666
Young scout

Post by Belial666 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:58 am

Thanks for the quick replies. At least with a higher level, we also get better random drops - even the normal spears the guards drop are better than anything I can find or buy elsewhere 'cause they're lvl 23 by now.

BTW, any good pics of Althea on her own without Shea? The intro screen one is badass but it has Shea in it, who I kinda dislike.

Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:38 am

Yes! More photos of Althea without her traitorous back-stabbing twin! I think none of the bonus content wallpapers had her on her own, which was a shame.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:47 am

:lol: well pics of her alone not but in the DLC there'll be some with Chalassa/Jariel :)

Angra Jahika
Young scout

Post by Angra Jahika » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:26 pm

Belial666 wrote:That means well over 1500 guards have been slain to feed the party so far - a small medieval army.
The look on Yeldin's face when he finds out what you did. He will never let you out of the arena again :lol: