Rylei's Mission on Hard?

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Grandork
Young scout

Rylei's Mission on Hard?

Post by Grandork » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Hey guys, so I've recently bought this game and was having fun playing it on Hard (had to restart 3x, settled for Archer and Druid). Everything was going fine, I was pwning my way through all quests and bosses, getting all Achievements, then I fall with Rylei's mission. A level 4 Rylei, ill equipped, vs 3 enemies. I was able to create a build that could take them on about 3x, but on the forth I could never make it.

So... What build should I use to finish this quest?

Taleweaver
Official writer

Re: Rylei's Mission on Hard?

Post by Taleweaver » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:33 pm

You do realize that you may fail this quest and still continue with the game, right?

If you REALLY want to win, go for a lot of Riley's attempts to skip battles and hope you get lucky. Riley's quest is a total slot machine.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:48 pm

I think fabula posted some tips about that, if you search for her posts you should find some info!
Tale: he wants to win to unlock all the achievements :)

Grandork
Young scout

Post by Grandork » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:56 am

jack1974 wrote:I think fabula posted some tips about that, if you search for her posts you should find some info!
Tale: he wants to win to unlock all the achievements :)
Bah, only thing I can think of is using Ghost Form in order to take little to no damage, but that was nerfed, he used it when it was 200%, not it's only 100%. Please balance that quest on Hard. I've tried every single thing I could think of, other than just save/load until I can actually just ignore MOST of the fights. I don't enjoying playing a game that relies heavily on luck.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:07 pm

Do you have a save before quest starts? I want to replay myself and refresh my memory (is like 4 months since I last played that quest)
How to send a savegame: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2971

fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:17 pm

Last playthrough on that I did on Nov 30th. I put my attribute points to HP, SP, Defense and Magic. Skills chosen: Ghost Form, Energize, magic sparks. I haven't generally bothered with the other skills in this mission, because the enemies are fast and the longer skill delays will hurt you. It's usually beneficial to fight as much as possible in the beginning because you'll then level up to 5 way before meeting the Boss. I do generally cycles of GF, Enerige & default magic bolts. I hit magic sparks only if it takes out the enemy and won't cause any turn roster/SP problems. Depending on the last enemy left, you may be able to manage with energize only at that point to keep your HP steady. There's usually no point in using the special potions if you start the fight in full health (first fight and the fight after the level up)--- I'd rather save those to be used after failed stunts. Save 2 regular HP-potions for the Boss (1 might be enough in Hard, NM requires 2). 1 or 2 regular SP-potions will make the Boss-fight a bit faster (you can hit magic sparks more often). I don't have an easily accessible up-to-date save from the beginning of the quest, but I have one from just before the Boss. At that point my attribute points were 12 (Const.) 14 (Will) 08 (Strength) 18 (Skill) 08 (Agility) 22 (Arcane). Ghost form skill desc still says 200% for me, how come it's 100% for you? Putting points to skill will increase the physical defense you'll gain from ghost form more, since it's percentage based. Also, most of the attacks you'll have to face during the mission are physical.

Grandork
Young scout

Post by Grandork » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:58 pm

Hey, I was playing other stuff, kinda forgot about this game, but played it again. I'm stupid. I played this game for the whole time without using potions, I just don't like using them, so I ended up forgetting that you COULD use potions. That made it much easier. Finished easy using Energize and Passives, plus chugging potions.

@Fabula Yes, that is a tooltip error, it says "Increases by 200%", but it actually only increases by 100%. It should say "Increases TO 200%", that means that its a 2x Defense and not a 3x, as it says otherwise. You can check it yourself. Also, I found that putting points in Skill was pointless, just having a lot of Const did the trick.