No Music At All

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
synren
Young scout

No Music At All

Post by synren »

My game appears to have no music at all; I imagine this is a bug as I just downloaded it from the store itself. I really feel bored playing it without music so I stopped. (In the Options screen, the 'test' button for music is greyed out and unable to click). :/
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: No Music At All

Post by jack1974 »

What OS are you using? Any particular hardware? I think could be some problem with certain HW setup. Nobody else has this issue, but I remember someone with this problem for Loren on Steam forums. But is like 1 person out of 1000, so must be some particular thing because otherwise works fine.
synren
Young scout

Post by synren »

I use Windows 8. It's a custom built computer with the best hardware, I upgrade it every three years or so. The music in the BETA worked fine, but the soft release doesn't. I'm not sure what could have gone wrong on my system in between.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That's really strange, since I use Win8 too and works. From the beta I have updated Renpy but I don't think it could cause problems with audio. I'll ask Renpy coder about it, since he's the only one who can fix this.
Have you tried rebooting the computer and trying again maybe? The only thing I can think is that some other application is using/keeping the audio channel busy but is just a guess...!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Spoke with Ren'py developer, try this:
1) download this .rpy file: http://www.macgames.biz/audiotest.rpy
2) place it in the game/ subfolder in the installation folder, where there are the various .rpyc files and run the game
3) the game won't run but show a more detailed error message, post it here.
4) delete the audiotest.rpy and audiotest.rpyc from the folder to be able to run the game again (otherwise you always get the error)

thanks