SOTW 1.0.5

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
nasica
Young scout

Re: SOTW 1.0.4

Post by nasica »

You get a extra scene with a chance to talk to Jariel if you chose to "Refuse "(whitch ever choice does not kill the oponets when Yeldin tells you to)
that scene might be the one you need
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I checked the code, and to talk there's a variable to set (jartalk).
In the save you sent, is False. By default is True. It can be False only in 3 cases:
1) jealousy scene with Chalassa (while trying to talk to her), you pick the "I'm not with Jariel." option.
2) if you reach the 6th talk, and your relationship value is below 3 OR if you talked with chalassa 7 times
3) when Jariel asks if you and Chalassa are a couple and you answer "Yes"
that's it - NO OTHER CASE is possible. So my guess is that 2 is what is happening to you. Otherwise it can't even be a bug because I have searched all the places in which that variable is set to false, so there's no other possibility :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

99.50% sure none of those happened. I'll look again later. I'm just really baffled. I haven't talked to Chas 7 times, nor have I talked with Jariel 6 times. IT's also weird that at the same point of the story I can have less hearts with Chas but she still talks to me but Jariel doesn't. Oh well, I'll keep you posted. (yes, that's scary :P)
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

fabulaparva wrote:99.50% sure none of those happened. I'll look again later. I'm just really baffled. I haven't talked to Chas 7 times, nor have I talked with Jariel 6 times. IT's also weird that at the same point of the story I can have less hearts with Chas but she still talks to me but Jariel doesn't. Oh well, I'll keep you posted. (yes, that's scary :P)
I guess she's just more understanding :mrgreen: .
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha fabula you were right!! :) yesterday couldn't sleep well so started thinking, and I found why that happened.
Is really a crazy case: if you replay an ending from the gallery, it replays that scene in the game. And on every romance ending, we clear that variable (in Jariel's case, jartalk) so you can't talk anymore (since you finished the romance). Problem is that it is not reset when you start a new game (I am not sure if is a Ren'py bug, I think before wasn't behaving like this).
Anyway long story short, it could happen with any character if you replayed his/her romance ending from gallery, then started a new game :mrgreen: (if you exited the game, didn't matter, you had to start a new game immediately after replaying the ending). Probably nobody found this before since is a very particular case! Will fix it on next update of course.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

*whew* Good thing that the problem was found! :) Time to go back and pester Krimm. :P

And now I can take back all the bad words I thought about both Jariel & Chas. =P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Note that the game you started with that bug is now permanently broken with Jariel though :oops:
Thanks for finding this bug, was really hard to spot!
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Oh, I don't mind that it's "borked for Jariel". This particular game wasn't for "romancing" anyone. :P I started it just for playing around with the battle tweaking options and for seeing how the friendship between Krimm & Althea will go. :) The bug was completely an accidental find. :shock:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Heh yeah and luckily very rare to reproduce so not many people would have experienced it, but still, one thing less to worry about :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So Lonestar has raised a valid point by email about the damage cap being confusing, so I have added this:
since people could be indeed wondering why magic sparks (or any other AOE damage skill) could do more damage to an enemy on the side vs the one in the center. The answer is that the one in the center has reached the damage cap (there's no range like the others but just 1 single number). I thought to add a small text saying "damage cap" so people at least know why.
If they ask how it works, I'm going to let Anima explains it though. He probably did, but the post was lost between the 1305 gazillion updates made to this game :mrgreen: