SOTW 1.0.5

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: SOTW 1.0.4

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm no is defined even in the code as AOE (Area Of Effect). I just tried in a quick battle and worked. Maybe you reached the damage cap ? that's my best guess :) otherwise the characters on the side are weaker than the one on center maybe?
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Must have been something like that...

In later fights it worked as expected.

[Edit] Could it have something to do with the various resistance values? Maybe the side-damage is of different type than the center damage? (Just a thought... )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's possible :)
rooke30
Young scout

Post by rooke30 »

Quick question. The colour the enemy is written in, what does that represent? The element an enemy is resistant to? So if an enemy's name is written in red does that mean he is resistant to fire?
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

The color of the enemy indicates how powerful they are relative to your level (party level?). Weakest to strongest: Gray > Green > Blue > Yellow (same level) > Orange > Red > Purple

I pulled that off the top of my head, but you can double-check in the top left of the combat pane. Below the enemy name on the side bar it should say "Stronger ++++" or whatever.
rooke30
Young scout

Post by rooke30 »

Troyen wrote:The color of the enemy indicates how powerful they are relative to your level (party level?). Weakest to strongest: Gray > Green > Blue > Yellow (same level) > Orange > Red > Purple

I pulled that off the top of my head, but you can double-check in the top left of the combat pane. Below the enemy name on the side bar it should say "Stronger ++++" or whatever.

Ah, Thank you!!!
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Is it a bug if there's no option to talk to Jariel at the first chance to go to the bathhouse in Act 3? Or are some dialogue choices before chapter 17 supposed to do that? All other socializing options show up as usual.

EDIT: I sent you a savefile with more info on how I might've pissed him off. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Checked the file, is intended :) When you reach a specific point in the story (after 6-7 dialogues with a love interest), if your relationship isn't high enough, or if you choose the other romance interest in the "jealousy scene" (in your case you picked Chalassa) then he'll stop talking with you. So is not a bug :wink:
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

But I never got that many dialogues nor the jealousy scene. I meant the scene where Jariel wants to know about the bloodskins and Chalassa doesn't want to tell.

EDIT:
Full track:
In act 2: Never talk to Chalassa nor Jariel. (2 chances available, but I didn't use them)
In act 3: Talk to Jariel in Lavastrom, support Chalassa against Jariel's inquiries.
=>=>=> JAriel gone, Chalassa not.

That's not 6-7 chances to talk to either.

EDIT2: Both have 2 hearts full.

EDIT3: I've had all characters bolting off after jealousy scenes, but those trigger much later in act 3, this is the first time ever you can go to the bathhouse in Act3. Considering all this, is it still intended?
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

I went back to the "support Jariel/support Chalassa"-option during the Jariel-being-nosy-scene, I chose to support Jariel, +1/2 a heart.... I get to the map, go to bathhouse=> Jariel has now 2.5 hearts in total, Chalassa 1.5 hearts, and still ... Chalassa option is there, Jariel isn't.

I have a creeping suspicion that this is all about Althea choosing to Obey Yeldin and cut some throats at the end of Act 2. If that's an intended result, then it's okay. However, if it is, then it's kind of silly that Althea gets to talk to Jariel and improve the relationship twice outside of the bathhouse in Act 3 only to be jilted a moment later. :P