Deceit and Jul

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: Deceit and Jul

Post by Troyen »

fabulaparva wrote:^^Act2: Arena slave fights. Those healers.... Also Gamesh mercs now love to fling those healing potions around. If one doesn't have enough killpower, those fights can drag.
I think I spent over an hour and a half on those slave fights. 12 in a row and they just...drag...on. :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In that scene, there are 3 types of slaves: neutral, unfriendly, aggressive. Aggressive will attack you directly, and even if you beat them, you get no clues. Neutral and unfriendly will give you clues in two ways: you attack them, or you ask them for info (neutral ones will give you a clue without fighting, while unfriendly will attack you).

The percentages are:
Aggressive 20%
Unfriendly 40%
Neutral 40%

So you had 20% of chances to enter a cell in which even fighting you would get no clues. I guess I can reduce the aggressive slaves percentage then :)
Minamber
Young scout

Post by Minamber »

When I did the slave fights, 1 got 1 aggressive, 1 neutral and 3 unfriendly I think. 4 fights in a row that were more or less the same already felt a bit boring so I don't even want to think about unlucky people who get tons of fights. Maybe 10% aggressive, 30 % unfriendly and 50% neutral would be more appropriate? After all, Krimm's with you at the time and she should be intimidating enough that most gladiators wouldn't want to fight you.
vexingaura
Young scout

Post by vexingaura »

With the the new update I did it without problem on easy but I just don't do enough damage for normal I am clearly too weak. The only attack I have that does deal a lot of damage if final blow but Deceit heals too much for normal for me anyway. My final blow with Vaelis deals around 200 on easy. Otherwise his attacks on normal only deal around 20-30 and Krimm highest damaging attack only deals 50.

Here are the stats if this helps
Front row
Shea (Hunter Lvl 17) Equipped with special bow from mission in chapter 3
285 HP
260 SP
66 Attack
21 Threshold
132 Defense
10% Phy res
187 Speed
21% crit chance
62 Magic
3% Elemental res
Krimm (lvl 20) Equipped with the grey-sword
445 HP
310 SP
77 Attack
47 Threshold
154 Defense
10% Phy res
142 Speed
16% crit chance
45 Magic
3% Elemental res
Vaelis (lvl 19) Equipped with balanced hatchets
392 HP
245 SP
79 Attack
46 Threshold
157 Defense
10% Phy res
152 Speed
23% crit chance
72 Magic
4% Elemental res

Back row
Riley (lvl 19) equipped with superior quaterstaff
295 HP
295 SP
42 Attack
16 Threshold
107 Defense
10% Phy res
173 Speed
4% crit chance
95 Magic
20% Elemental res
Althea (lvl 18 ranger) equipped with icebreaker
384 HP
314 SP
62 Attack
34 Threshold
116 Defense
10% Phy res
136 Speed
21% crit chance
48 Magic
4% Elemental res
Rowinda (lvl 19) equipped with Superior quaterstaff
295 HP
295 SP
45 Attack
16 Threshold
104 Defense
10% Phy res
170 Speed
4% crit chance
97 Magic
20% Elemental res

Sorry for long post I think I must have screwed up stat wise to be honest. If my skills are also a problem I will make another post with them in it as this one is already long enough. Thanks again to everyone and their advice.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Minamber wrote:Maybe 10% aggressive, 30 % unfriendly and 50% neutral would be more appropriate? After all, Krimm's with you at the time and she should be intimidating enough that most gladiators wouldn't want to fight you.
Yes that's what I just did, and your explanation about Krimm's intimidating presence is perfectly plausible 8)
Avarenda
Young scout

Post by Avarenda »

Good to know im not the only one having trouble with this fight.

I'm seriously on my 10th attempt to kill Deceit right now, on EASY. No matter what i do, i cannot deal enough damage to down him before he uses cleanse. Both Riley and Rowinda only do about 60 damage each turn.

I've even followed the strats offered in this thread to no avail. (having my tanks in the back row healing and my mages in the front.) the closest ive gotten him down to is 500 health before he just jumps right back up to 800.

I've used Jariel for stat buffs, healing paralyze, haste potions...

but i still die every time after a lengthy drawn out battle.

on EASY MODE.

All of my characters are lv 18 or 19 so i dont think im under leveled,and i've bought the best armor and weapons for each character that Shacklespit offers.

Please tell me something can be done because if I have to reset my playthrough i'm probably not going to bother if i cant even beat this guy on the easiest difficulty.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes try the new version, his cleanse has much higher delay and you should be able to beat it (I have no other reports of people unable to win in Easy).
Legendzerox
Young scout

Post by Legendzerox »

I give up. I quit.I spec'd wrong and can't win this fight at all. I'm done. Not gonna start a new game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Can you send me the save by email ([email protected])? I want to try :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Legendzerox wrote:I give up. I quit.I spec'd wrong and can't win this fight at all. I'm done. Not gonna start a new game.
If it's the Deceit/Jul fight, you can just go on with the game, it's entirely optional.