To all who finished the game...

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
LadyAhiru
Young scout

Re: To all who finished the game...

Post by LadyAhiru »

Overall i really liked the game but there are a few things that feel rushed or even worse unfinished.

Like what the heck happens to the blacksmiths father in ACT 3?
Is the big wolf at th beginning our mother? If so how did she die? was it the goblins?
Did our halfbrother killed the guy in ACT 1? How did he escpae the shack?
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

LadyAhiru wrote:Overall i really liked the game but there are a few things that feel rushed or even worse unfinished.

Like what the heck happens to the blacksmiths father in ACT 3?
Is the big wolf at th beginning our mother? If so how did she die? was it the goblins?
Did our halfbrother killed the guy in ACT 1? How did he escpae the shack?
Spoilers ahoy!
Spoiler:
As you find out, Myrkhan won Aenais's father and promptly released him. His current wherabouts are unknown; he may show up in Shacklesplit if he can somehow find passage there: Liberated slaves often show up in the city.
The big wolf in the beginning was indeed Kiryoka, Althea's and Shea's mother. She was killed by goblins when protecting her cubs (most of which were able to flee, except for Artas).
Artas did kill the Master of Coin. If you don't tell your twin about the wolf, you find out that the Master of Coin broke into the shack himself. It's implied that he was looking for wild animals to bring back to the arena and may have spied on the protagonist when he/she fed Artas.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Well, I have finished the game and I must say...

...It was totally AWESOME!

Really, I truly enjoyed myself, the fact that I have completely ignored my Dragon Age Inquisition in order to play SOTW is a clear proof of that. Both Loren and SOTW have it's own strong and weak points, but if I had to compare, I would say I liked SOTW better for the story. Why? I don't know how to put it in words, maybe is the feeling that I got while playing the game, the feeling that I was playing a tabletop RPG and all characters were my party, and we were doing quests and going in adventures. It inspired me so much, that I have talked about it to no end with the rest of my D&D players about it, inserted some of these characters on my own stories(Krimm, I'm looking at you! 8) ) and really enjoyed this game. I cared about every single one of these characters, for their friendship, for their romance, I was truly happy.

And speaking of romance...

Chalassa was an amazing character. I fell in love with her in the same pace Althea did. Her story, her motivations and her personality kept me in a state of fascination that I only got with Chambara(Don't worry my fellow cultists! I'm still loyal to our mistress of death! Don't kill me now), and her endings, both romantic and tragic made me cry. Fortunately, there was a happy ending, and when I got it, made me rejoice, and I kept smiling for a long time while I was reading my fluffy and wonderful epilogue. And I disagree with those who said that Chalassa would not become a warm and inviting person.
Spoiler:
She kept everyone away from her since she feared their companionship, this shows clearly her fear of rejection. It makes sense since her curse is broken, that she would feel the need to make friends, although, she would never stray too far from those she already felt comfortable with, since to form a friendship with them, those people that knew her darkests secrets and still cared about her, would be so much easy... And somehow, I think she would be so "whipped" in this relationship that she would try to woo Althea all the time, trying toshow her how much she loved her and being an jealous little woman. :lol:
My favorite character is definitely Rowinda. She made me laugh all the time and her quest is marvelous.
Spoiler:
Specially when she mentioned riding an Unicorn naked in order to impress the slavers. :lol:
I wished I could make a cosplay of her(even though I'm not that old :lol: ).

Krimm reminded me of "Xena:the Warrior princess" for some reason. Probably because she is hot as her. :oops:

Riley is Tony Stark. I mean it. He is so handsome and funny, and even though he is greedy, I liked him best of all Male Characters.

I do admit that the game lacked a little bit more of romance and the ending felt a little rushed, but the fact the game was organized as a group of adventurers traveling the world and doing quests, it felt appropriated, somehow. Since there is the talk of the DLC, please do it! I'm all up for it, specially if would include romance and character development! Seeing Chalassa being romantic and having fits of jealousy would make my day! *------------* and I would totally love to see Althea helping her brother trying to hook up with one of the remaining romances, if possible.

Wow, I don't even know if my text makes sense, I'm just so excited now that I have finished the game that I cannot find the words. So, sorry if anything sound weird, ok? :wink:
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Ladies and gentlemen, the DLC script has been completed.

Of course, this doesn't mean the game will come out now, or even soon. Art needs to be made. Programming needs to be done. A few minigames need to be coded.

However, we have a solid 42,000 words of story, and I estimate that only 30,000 of these should be the same during each playthrough. Many things play out differently depending on your choices and on the relationships the twins have with the other characters. For your first playthrough, if Riva is willing to listen to me, you will always stick with the character constellation you ended up in the end of Seasons of the Wolf.

This time, the story is at the same time much more compact and also much darker than SotW. There's a clear goal to achieve (and grave consequences looming if you fail to achieve it), and the twins will have to face choices unlike any they've faced before.

And not everyone might live through it all.
gamesempie
Young scout

Post by gamesempie »

BUM BUM BUM BUUUUUUUMMMMM. Sounds like an interesting story, especially as a continuation of a story that is built around the journey instead of a definite goal.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Taleweaver wrote:There's a clear goal to achieve (and grave consequences looming if you fail to achieve it)...
So, we're trying to stop Mormont from coming back? ;)
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Troyen wrote:
Taleweaver wrote:There's a clear goal to achieve (and grave consequences looming if you fail to achieve it)...
So, we're trying to stop Mormont from coming back? ;)
Not THAT kind of grave.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha no, the nice old fella with a skull-lantern is not part of the story. There is a recurring enemy though (well more than one, depending on your choices).
I will start coding this now but as said, all the new art is missing so depends on artist speed mostly.
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

"Not everyone might live through it all"? No matter what you do jack, I'll find a way to save Chalassa :mrgreen: !
JunkGirl_Junko
Young scout

Post by JunkGirl_Junko »

iWeasle wrote:"Not everyone might live through it all"? No matter what you do jack, I'll find a way to save Chalassa :mrgreen: !
I second that :P