Final act beta! SOTW 1.0

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Re: Final act beta! SOTW 0.9.8.1

Post by fabulaparva »

Yes, the legend item descriptions were all in the same file :)

Stupid question, but are you seriously going to leave the nudist bug ... I mean feature, on? :P
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Riley's Magic Chains and Shadow of Death both still use the same icon. Confusing because they show up near one another on the battle screen.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: Final act beta! SOTW 0.9.8

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:OK I've added the new build. In general, Easy is OK. Normal I think is OK too, because it's just above Easy. So I don't think I'll touch those levels. If people find the game too easy on normal they should just move to Hard/Nightmare :)
I'm looking for feedback in those two difficulties in particular if you try to tweak the fights with the new menu. The main goal is not much to change the difficulty since I think is fine, but shorten the battle times, while still providing a good challenge. Thanks :)
Can you add an option to try reducing defense instead of HP? That should have a similar effect (more party damage = faster fight) but with the bonus that not nearly as many attacks will be dodged or blocked. I hate using Jariel on Nightmare because either his skills have 20 delay or he misses with items half the time. (Yes, I have attacker, but 80 attack vs 230 defense?)

Plus, who doesn't like bigger numbers? My druid does twice the damage he was doing in act 1, but my ranger is doing about the same, despite significantly better gear and more skills/traits.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

outist wrote: 1. It would be good to have a confirmation button with the total sum before "sell all items in this category"
Yes could add this, for now I'll put in the low-priority one :)
outist wrote: 2. In Season 1, chapter 3 (yes I am not really far yet) it is said that from now on we should sell all our pelts to the grand mogul, because they pay more. But there is no real price difference between the grand mogul and the normal tanner.
I know it was already reported but the problem is that with the engine I can't have the same item at higher prices :oops:
outist wrote: But so far good game. :)
Thanks!
fabulaparva wrote:Yes, the legend item descriptions were all in the same file :)
Yes found it and added them already!
fabulaparva wrote: Stupid question, but are you seriously going to leave the nudist bug ... I mean feature, on? :P
Oops the one that happens if you replay an ending and then start a new game, right? I forgot about it!
Troyen wrote:Riley's Magic Chains and Shadow of Death both still use the same icon. Confusing because they show up near one another on the battle screen.
I know, artist promised will get all the remaining ones before next Friday :mrgreen:
Troyen wrote:Can you add an option to try reducing defense instead of HP?
Yes can do that. I think a bit of HP reduction could be good but maybe not as it is now, 30% HP reduction will screw up all fights :lol: will add different options then.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

One of the beast-men spawn locations can spawn under the blue arrow. You can travel without the encounter or fight without travelling, but it requires a little bit of careful mouse work. Maybe move this away from the edge by a row or two?
Spoiler:
The ending credits seem to go a second or two long, because they start looping and then get cut off.

Do you have a non-white background for the Squishy Spider achievement?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Will change it so that the random fights won't pop-up near the borders :)
As for the credits probably because I've added more people I was forgetting about, will test it!
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

New updated download link not working.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Uh? when I click it works fine here (the download starts), what you mean by it's not working? if you download the file and doesn't start or says corrupted file means that the file wasn't downloaded properly. Well I'm about to do another update shortly in any case.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Final act beta! SOTW 0.9.9

Post by jack1974 »

Uploaded version 0.9.9 with some more minor fixes. The next one should be the one with the last missing skill icons 8)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: Final act beta! SOTW 0.9.9

Post by Troyen »

The fabulous menu is not working so fabulous for me. Happens in every act.
Spoiler:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 3164, in script
ValueError: unsupported format character 'D' (0x44) at index 39

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 3164, in script
File "/Users/troyen/Downloads/SOTW-0.9.9-all/renpy/ast.py", line 1405, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
File "/Users/troyen/Downloads/SOTW-0.9.9-all/renpy/exports.py", line 692, in menu
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition) ]
File "/Users/troyen/Downloads/SOTW-0.9.9-all/renpy/exports.py", line 682, in substitute
return s % tag_quoting_dict
ValueError: unsupported format character 'D' (0x44) at index 39

Darwin-13.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.18.3.761
Seasons Of The Wolf 0.9.9
It did work back on 0.9.8.1.