Act 3 fixed items

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Taleweaver
Official writer

Re: Act 3 fixed items

Post by Taleweaver »

I have. The speed boost alone makes it awesome. And frankly, 15 Resist to everything? Wowzers.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

The 15 resistance doesn't seem that great, not quite enough to even reduce standard debuffs by a turn. The 75 paralyze resistance is great...if you're fighting the occasional paralysis mob (or boss), but there are a number of party spells that can break paralysis, or you can just swap spots until it's gone. The speed is nice, but I'm finding 12 speed rings, and gloves/bracers that do almost what her legendary bracers do for less gold. Plus, I kind of like the defense because she's my front-row filler when one of my three warriors is too low on HP/SP to risk, and the AI likes targeting her.

I ended up selling it at the start of the act. The only personal quest item I've sold so far.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The 15 is not enough to reduce by one turn, but since resistances values stacks with other equipped items, you could get 30-40 resistance easily. That said I don't mind raising all resistances to 20 or even 25 if needed :)
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

And if you're finding +12 Speed rings, obviously the Band needs +15 Speed :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Is the intent to make an item Chalassa receives at like level 15 so good you'll never replace it? Because then it needs to be a pretty damn amazing level 15 item, and it's nowhere near that right now, not with 15 speed either.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Pretty much.

Until the end of Act 3, each of the characters should have the chance to receive one personal item (well, two in the case of Vaelis) that they have no reason to swap out until the end of the game. Pretty much their "ultimate items" in Final Fantasy terms.

It's only one per character, so I think it still leaves enough room to go item-hunting for all the other open slots.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That item is in act2, I am not sure if should "never be replaced", but surely not through act3 since all those items (moon mirror, etc) are received at end of act2. Probably the best is to compare it with items you get at level 21-22 (maximum reachable level in act3, IN THEORY!).
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Well lucky Krimm then if you're gonna buff that sword until nothing in act 3 beats it. Poor Chalassa gets a shoddy pair of bracers :)
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

It's either "some people get their best gear earlier than others", or "some people's gear is so much better than that of others". I'm very much in favor of the former situation.

Chalassa was supposed to start the game a good ten levels above the others and then get de-leveled to the average of the others due to Rowinda's and Yeldin's spells fucking her up. The BoB was supposed to return a little of that awesomeness back to her, for example ^_^
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I didn't go that way because I could already imagine the shitstorm "BUG!!! Chalassa lost 10 level!! I want my money back!!". This comes from my long experience in making games and dealing with various types of users :mrgreen: