Act 3 fixed items

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Act 3 fixed items

Post by jack1974 »

I'm starting this thread because I would like to begin talking about the act 3 fixed items, once nightmare players confirm that the battles are starting to be TOUGH ENOUGH we should add those. Until then, I'll keep slightly increase the difficulty on each update (talking about act3 only, obviously!), also considering that in Easy mode some players (Franka) cleared out the enemies so quickly that caused bugs, something that never happened before!

As always I uploaded the current items DB here: http://www.macgames.biz/formated_itemlist.ods
(I don't think anyone did more changes for act2, that's what I got anyway)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: Act 3 fixed items

Post by yayswords »

Are you talking about the rewards from Aenais or about creating entire new "sets" like we did in act 2?
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No the Aenais rewards are good, but sets of items to be bought in shops, like you did in act2. Doesn't need to be THAT MANY, since indeed you also get good stuff in this act from Aenais :) Could just be some accessories or stuff.
Of course if you think is not needed in this case, is fine by me :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I sure wouldn't mind better Mana Channels at least. They feel almost irreplaceable right now.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

That itemlist still has the shield option "Fearless" for Vaelis that hasn't been implemented in the game. It makes sense that it hasn't, lorewise and sprite-wise. (and not-wasting-Vaelis'-skills-wise)
Should that shield be removed altogether?
Or do you want to accommodate different playstyles*) and instead of offering an "epic" shield that only Vaelis could wield, offer 1 fixed "epic" shield item in the shop, that can be equipped on any warrior in the team?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes that one shouldn't be restricted to Vaelis only, was a mistake :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

In that case could there be a tanking weapon for rangers instead of a shield? Like... high magic, defense and some HPR perhaps.

I wonder how many versions we'll be making of the fixed items though. The level differences between divine beings such as myself and puny mortals who only fight when forced to could be getting pretty big in act 3.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Well, in general, I'd say that finding good items seems to be even less of an issue in Act 3 than it was in Act 2. At least so far. Is there a need for full fixed sets for everyone in Act 3? Or should the fixed items only focus on stuff that's hardest to find? Staves? In any case, the shops seem to be working tolerably well and they restock often, so maybe just 2 levels would be enough, in any case?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No as said I don't think we need a lot of items for this act. You have freedom, you can add tanking weapon / whatever you think would improve the game. Since those items will be expensive shouldn't unbalance much the game (you need to solve quest and make money anyway to get them in NM mode).
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Not sure if this is the right thread for this. I'm at the start of Act 3 and playing with the new quest items from the Act 2 character quests. Riley's is OK, Krimm's seems great, but Chalassa's...
Spoiler:
Not quite sure if that's an upgrade over level 11 bracers. What are your thoughts? Have you been using her band?