Tanking

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Taleweaver
Official writer

Re: Tanking

Post by Taleweaver »

Problem with Vaelis as a tank: The twin axes he gets from Aenais are so good that it's a waste not to give him both, the Dual-Wield trait and make him a damage-monster.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Tanking

Post by jack1974 »

Troyen wrote: Can you impose that limit on the AI too? It's really cheap to have one guard protecting everyone in the back row. (Prevent them from casting guard if they already have a guarded target.)
The limit is "at skill level", so even the AI should have it. I mean in the very moment you use the skill, the old protected/guarded character loses the buff. The new AI system already checks if they have the Guard, so should work!
edit: nope I just realized that I remove it only on the "friendly characters" :lol: fix coming up...
yayswords wrote: Have to say so far these changes feel so right though.
Yep, I could play only for a few minutes this morning before leaving, but immediately noticed the improvement!
fabulaparva wrote::( nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! (think of acts 1 & early act 2!!!)
Yeah I won't touch that. It's actually more powerful the 30% defense than Vaelis attack bonus I think!
And of course depends on your playstyle, from your saves I noticed you have a very aggressive method :) The important is that the game lets you play how you want. The new skill is better than before though, since 30% Defense bonus to all your front line is quite good!
Taleweaver wrote:Problem with Vaelis as a tank: The twin axes he gets from Aenais are so good that it's a waste not to give him both, the Dual-Wield trait and make him a damage-monster.
Besides, I think you can still get a high defense even without the shield :)