Third Act Beta! - SOTW 0.8.38

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Taleweaver
Official writer

Re: Third Act Beta! - SOTW 0.8.37

Post by Taleweaver »

fabulaparva wrote:I friggin' love this game. :D*
And you haven't even seen how it ends.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Confusion about War or Peace-quest & related achievement.

It is a Boss-fight, but Captain Starrad himself doesn't seem to be a Boss (no tag, plus will be paralyzed with certain attacks), yet there's an achievement for beating him... Anyway, I beat him and got no achievement.
Also, after the fight, we go to the shore,
Spoiler:
start fighting demons, Chalassa, whom I sent to spy is freed and joins the fight but I never meet any Dark Wizards. 4 demons slain, quest completed, no bosses.
I thought I had them at the end of the quest, no matter which method of acquiring knowledge I choose.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Oops forgot to make him a boss :lol: Going to fix it.
Regarding the achievement, I completely forgot to add it, will do it now (let me know if other boss are missing!).
You're right with Chalassa, if she joins then the Dark Wizards never appears. I've changed it so that they should show up after that battle (a separate new battle).
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Well, Achievement pages 1 & 3 look good. :P Pages 4 & 2 have stuff that I can't test right now. In addition to the spoilerish Act 4 Bosses, I've triggered those Hard/NM-boss and personal quest achievements so far with Shea POV game... my Althea&Chalassa NM-game that I tested the Deceit/Jul fights with was played with v.0.8.24.18 up to Act 3, so apparently the NM-difficulty-related achievements won't work with it eventhough it was played completely at NM... I need a new Althea game for those bosses, lol And of course, without Act 4, I can't get that mega-important ratmen-thingy... :lol:

Page 1
Spoiler:
Page 3
Spoiler:

EDIT: Kraken achievement on page 2 worked, though.
Last edited by fabulaparva on Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool, thanks for testing :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I will probably release another update today, not with last act, because I have made a lot of bugfixes, including achievements. I'll need to change a bit the "this is OUR story" because there is no automated way to check if player did a boss battle without Shea/Althea, but I can instead check if player did N battles without them. So I'll change it to something like "do 25 battles without using Shea/Althea" :)
The act4 will be out soon anyway, I'm waiting a few more days to see if I can get the last missing pieces of art, but I've tested act4 fully already :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

jack1974 wrote:What's New in 0.8.38 (hopefully last update before the fourth act beta!)
- Halved the HP of the Golem in Riley's quest but increased his SP by 25%
Nice one! I did a quick test on this. The Golem actually flinged 2 meteor showers at Riley this time and inflicted Shattered. If I hadn't healed up in between, Riley would've actually lost first time in ages. :P And the battle was over in 1-2 minutes. Whee!
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Third Act Beta! - SOTW 0.8.38

Post by jack1974 »

Haha good! :)
I also added the "Grinder" achievement. In my playthrough I ended act4 with level 23-24 max so to reach 25 you need to grind :)
SenseiWhat
Young scout

Post by SenseiWhat »

The most recent version I had when I completed the Act 2 beta was 0.8.15. When I try to reload a save to continue to the third act in 0.8.38 I get the following error:

Error 1
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Full traceback:
  File "game/test.rpy", line 134, in script
  File "D:\Games\Winter Wolves\SOTW-0.8.38-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1328, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "game/test.rpy", line 134, in script
  File "D:\Games\Winter Wolves\SOTW-0.8.38-all\renpy\execution.py", line 218, in pop_dynamic
    dynamic = self.dynamic_stack.pop()
IndexError: pop from empty list
Error 2
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Full traceback:
  File "game/plot/map.rpy", line 1336, in script
  File "D:\Games\Winter Wolves\SOTW-0.8.38-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1635, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\Games\Winter Wolves\SOTW-0.8.38-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1653, in call
    renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\Winter Wolves\SOTW-0.8.38-all\renpy\statements.py", line 144, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 457, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\Winter Wolves\SOTW-0.8.38-all\renpy\exports.py", line 2310, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Games\Winter Wolves\SOTW-0.8.38-all\renpy\ui.py", line 247, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\Winter Wolves\SOTW-0.8.38-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2156, in interact
    scene_lists.replace_transient()
  File "D:\Games\Winter Wolves\SOTW-0.8.38-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 665, in replace_transient
    self.remove(layer, tag)
  File "D:\Games\Winter Wolves\SOTW-0.8.38-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 939, in remove
    self.hide_or_replace(layer, remove_index, "hide")
  File "D:\Games\Winter Wolves\SOTW-0.8.38-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 863, in hide_or_replace
    d = oldsle.displayable._hide(now - st, now - at, prefix)
  File "D:\Games\Winter Wolves\SOTW-0.8.38-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 423, in _hide
    self.update()
  File "D:\Games\Winter Wolves\SOTW-0.8.38-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 555, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/plot/map.rpy", line 1104, in execute
  File "game/plot/map.rpy", line 1168, in execute
  File "game/plot/map.rpy", line 1208, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 1208, in <module>
NameError: name 'mappy' is not defined
I checked the thread for the Act 2 beta to see if I could try the last version for that act to check if it would serve as a bridge for the save games but the link is inactive.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes sorry, the 0.8.15 is very old and since I've upgraded to the new Renpy you needed at least 0.8.26 to be able to continue old save. From now until the end the saves should all be compatible though!