My gambling problem - the issues with equipment

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
renke_
Elder Druid

Re: My gambling problem - the issues with equipment

Post by renke_ »

jack1974 wrote:Define "junk" also.
bah, the RNG God hates me - I just loaded a save to give you some real examples of junk and Zazir has armor, trousers and boots for Chalassa ^^

"Junk" depends on the party build-up - in my case all chars are focused on speed and attack/magic and I'm not interested in the finest +20 defense armour if it comes with -8 speed and -3 attack. Often it feels as if the $$%§%§## RNG *ONLY* generates the wrong items (yes, this is untrue) - and I'm a bit lost as I know that I will never have guaranteed fixed upgrades (up to the end of Act 2, with the exception of three unique items, only one of them usable on every char).

Take the unique dagger Slith - a unique item and I'm 95% sure that the start equipment for Chalassa and Jariel will be better.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Okay, will do this then: add some unique items to shops, a different one for each class, so you can be at least sure about those.
I can't add 500 items. But 3-4 x 8 character = 24-32 on each act, (except act 1) yes, I can do that :)
I'll make them varied so there is one for each "build". Attack, speed, defense, etc.

Actually if anyone wanted to add the items, that would help me a lot. Is just an openoffice form on which you need to fill the values. Probably you know better than me what are the values for good unique items in act2. Any volunteers to do this? :mrgreen:
(so I can go on with Act3 coding instead of doing this!)
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

I just wanted to propose we define some items - but you already said it ;)

@the rest: let us collect ideas in another thread, I know exactly the file jack mentioned and can prepare it for him
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha thanks, so if yayswords finds some "wrong" item can complain to you then!!! :mrgreen:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I feel relieved before we've even started on the list :)
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

okay, I'll create a new topic with the needed infos - give me a few minutes :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

yayswords wrote:
not everyone optimizes encounters (max amount of enemies)
That could be an interesting topic in itself. I'd contend that it's a legitimate way to increase risk and reward. It's still a reroll though.
I think you're the only person that actually does this?
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

afaik also fabulaparva
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

^Not regularly, but once in a while I do reroll for better enemy setup. Sometimes I do it to get more enemies*)) (mercs) and sometimes, when I'm really stuck in an area, I also reroll for less enemies. :P Although, in the latter cases, I would 100X rather load up a save and either start the area from beginning or a few encounters prior to whatever fight I happen to get stuck in -- but there have been occasions where the most recent save was so far off that I would've lost my patience. *cough*Arena slaves & lizardmen*cough*

*)) Mostly for better-timed level-ups.
#voteForVaelisPinUp
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Troyen wrote:I think you're the only person that actually does this?
I might be. The only person out of how many players though? It might not really be saying much.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.