the quick English help thread :D

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

the quick English help thread :D

Post by jack1974 »

Long story short, I can read/write English but have trouble to write it properly (how it should be in a game). Sometimes I want to add extra stuff to the game but I don't want to always bother the writers, besides I think I'll get faster replies here. So I'll update this thread whenever I need a little help :oops:

Let's start!

There's a Slime enemy. I want him to buff himself with a sort of "bubble skin" buff, so that he reflects back part of the damage :mrgreen: But have trouble coming up with the buff/skill name (is bubble skin OK?) and the description :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Re: the quick English help thread :D

Post by fabulaparva »

I think there's a disease called "Bubble Skin Disease" (I think the proper name is Neurofibromatosis) .. pictures can be graphic so maybe I won't link to that...

Maybe it could be called Bubble Coat or Bubbling Coat ... or just with one word: Splurge
Reflects N% of the inflicted melee/ranged/magic/all damage back on the attacker.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I say Acid Splash :)
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

make it an all-party buff and call it Slime Mold, with the text "The slimes flow together and form one huge organism (defence + 30 %)" :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Used Bubble Coat :P slimes that form together would be nice to see but... remember that bart simpson meme with "I'll stop hacking the RPG framework"? :lol:
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

nah, not something with graphical effects - just a party-buff with a corresponding text, no fancy effects needed

(we're able to imagine this :))