Let's talk about traits

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Let's talk about traits

Post by jack1974 »

I can define a min/max value for damage, and I checked and did that for the bomb, so bomb damage should NEVER get higher than what's described. So if description says 75hp and you get 93hp, then is a bug :)

As for the critical damage: I am considering simply doing the speed bonus, since probably would be better. I thought was too much, but I checked and the speed can reduce the wait time to max half of it, and anyway I can make sure the enemies aren't too slow. I mean is something I can control better even with the various difficulties.
renke_ wrote:what about "Fast Recovery", heals HP & SP by 20% after a battle? Or "Armourer", increases weapon damage by 2?
I like the fast recovery thing, though I wonder if wouldn't be something that everyone picks then? or not?
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Hmm, I think I might skip that on every character actually (if I don't, you probably need to look at that character's skills :D). Sure it would be a huge convenience, but I don't wanna pay a skill point for a convenience. I can imagine a lot of people would take it though. Including myself if I figure I can live with a little less power (or I can translate it to power :P).
jack1974 wrote:I checked and the speed can reduce the wait time to max half of it
Anima said minimum of a third earlier. Changed?
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

jack1974 wrote:what about "Fast Recovery", heals HP & SP by 20% after a battle? Or "Armourer", increases weapon damage by 2?
I like the fast recovery thing, though I wonder if wouldn't be something that everyone picks then? or not?[/quote]
lower it to 10 % then, or make it randomized between 5 and 15 % - at least this would be a new class of traits and would break the uniformness of the "increase value foo by bar" of the others
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I changed that value from Anima's post :P
I guess I could use the recover trait then. The problem is that the Fatality icon skill wouldn't fit anymore :lol:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

But speed still works the same in other regards? -1 delay for every 15 above 100? :)

Also I might be the only one skipping that trait actually... at least I don't know of anyone else so anally bent on not spending gold on anything but equipment. Maybe I have a soulmate out there who also regen dances after every fight though... one can dream!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

yayswords wrote:But speed still works the same in other regards? -1 delay for every 15 above 100? :)
Yes the 100 is the base value, anything over it and anything below it modify the speed of execution (or if you prefer reduces the wait).
Talking about this, I think I might need to tweak the speed a bit globally. I mean with the agility attribute, items, plus haste and now even jariel's speed buffs, characters could reach even 190-200 speed which would be a bit too much perhaps :lol: for now though I'll leave as it is and see which values people get in act3.
yayswords wrote: Also I might be the only one skipping that trait actually... at least I don't know of anyone else so anally bent on not spending gold on anything but equipment. Maybe I have a soulmate out there who also regen dances after every fight though... one can dream!
Yes considering other players asked for a way to use potions between battles, I think this trait might become popular! sorry :mrgreen:
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

jack1974 wrote:I can define a min/max value for damage, and I checked and did that for the bomb, so bomb damage should NEVER get higher than what's described. So if description says 75hp and you get 93hp, then is a bug :)
Well, I guess it's a bug, then. I didn't have the battleLog turned on and was too slow to get a screenshot of the actual hit, but luckily, it was caught on the short log:
Spoiler:
(Now, what shall I next find out about the bombs.... We've already had the 75HP x2 as a dualwield bug, ability to bomb the back row, now crit... :lol: )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Those bombs!!! going to check now, since when I set the cMaximum value it should never go above that :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I think a problem with speed is that higher and higher armor plate seems to come with more and more speed reduction. Could be a misobservation though. But mages can sure race away with it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well is not a problem, I made that on purpose to limit the effect of speed and differentiate the classes :)
Though 1 point less every 15 means that even if you could reach 250 speed, a skill delay could be reduced in theory by 10, and only assuming that is >=20 (otherwise can be reduced by half anyway), so it's not as bad as I thought.