Achievement ideas

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Re: Achievement ideas

Post by fabulaparva » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:18 am

yayswords wrote: Act one: Don't tell your twin about the wolf - I believe this causes the Dingirrans to take the twin prisoner? Only done it once and can't remember ^^
Yep, that does happen if you don't tell the other twin about the wolf. You'll get a stern speech from Morran and you'll also get to examine the shack with Vaelis as an added bonus. I've chosen this option a couple of times...although I still favour the other.

Which reminds me of another possible achievement:
You bastard
+Refuse to help the farmer.
+Steal pelts
+Don't tell your twin about the wolf
+Do the Lugal-quest.
+Every other slightly questionable choice that isn't about fighting/not fighting one can make in the game? Gotta choose them all for this baby. :P

yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:24 am

Hmm, the first one costs you two quests though. Expensive achievement.

It could include 0/5 hearts in all relationships too.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.

fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:32 am

K, maybe the first requirement needs thorough considering (lol, assuming that there ever be such a player-insulting achievement installed in the first place :P). Maybe the requirement won't be necessary if there are enough "bastardly choices to be made" later in the game.

I like the relationship requirement for this one! :D I was going to suggest it for a separate achievement called No Swag but then I didn't, because it's too darn modern-sounding for the scope of this game. :P

fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:56 am

No Gain, Just Pain
You have killed Master Yeldin's 5 Mirror Images for additional 14XP. Ain't that grand?
(Available only in NM)

renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:06 pm

I din't do nuthin, guvnor! Ormond dies because of the negative HPR

yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:12 pm

the most amazing human being, on the first page wrote:Haste makes waste
Complete Chalassa's flashback by having the Band of Bloodspeed deal the finishing blow to Ormond.

renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:36 pm

I like my name more - though after all I'm not that amazing so what do I know about achievements ^^

yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Infinite respawns
Reach level 5 with Krimm on her flashback.

You can, after all, farm the desert spawns until your party is out of potions and near death :P

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:17 pm

Lol that's quite an hardcore achievement :)

fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:59 pm

Ok, I have a general question about achievements.

In Loren, there are 4 bosses that give you specific achievement if defeated on Hard-difficulty (Jul, Grob, etc). However, you are not required to play through the game itself on Hard-mode to get the achievement, it's enough to prance around Aravorn, flinging daisies on Easy level and then when you finally get to the Boss, switch to Hard, beat him/her, and voilá, achievement is yours. (Yes, I had to test it, I beat Jul again later without cheating, but the first achievement was a cop-out, and I got rewarded for that :cry: ... <offtopic> I also got rewarded on killing Mesphit, which I never did...he killed himself!! That was the only Loren achievement I NEVER wanted to gain :cry: </offtopic> )

In Loren, the number of attribute points does not depend on difficulty level, so even though it's still sort of a cheat (you'll have more energy at the start of the fight if you killed the previous mobsters on Easy), it's not as bad as cheat as it would be if such scoundrel-ous actions are allowed in SotW. It's completely different to beat, eg, Yeldin with his 5 mirror images, if you have 13*2 more attribute points on your character (Easy -mode on level 13 compared to NM/Hard on level 13) than it is with less points. The difference will be even more drastic, I presume, in later Acts. It's also a completely different achievement to beat, eg the Assassin in act 2 on Hard/NM, if you have gone through the arena slaves mobs in Easy-mode than beating him after winning them in NM/Hard.

Can this be solved/prevented at all in SotW, Ren'Py permitting, or is it to each and everyone's own conscience how they gather their achievements? :P

Also, reset button for the achievements would be nice for a crazy "can-you-do-that-and-break-the-game" betatester like moi. :D