Feedback on Those Sweet (and Bitter)Skills --Act 2

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Feedback on Those Sweet (and Bitter)Skills --Act 2

Post by jack1974 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:17 pm

Ahh OK. Now is better, I couldn't understand what was going on :lol:
I have the same problem: the saves done in latter stage (ACT3) works, but the others not. I *think* is related to some maps, but not sure. But I was worried that if you started a new game in this version you weren't able to load :shock:

edit: can you send me some of those that loads? I want to try to understand why :)

yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:19 pm

I will just send you all 11 saves and you can have fun with them :P
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:27 pm

Thanks, loaded the one during Krimm's quest and was able to resume playing normally. Good means that other players might be able to continue playing without starting from scratch :)

yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:31 pm

But the masterwork items that became legendary can't be reversed I guess? I'm not sure this is important information anymore since you probably fixed the bug but the way you described it is not the way I experienced it. It only affected masterwork items that weren't equipped. I had bought a staff and a necklace for Riley but not equipped them. Then after a reload or something, they became legendary and all equipped copies did so too. But the other masterwork predefined items I had bought and equipped were untouched.

I might just save at the end of some merc fights and reload until I get expensive drops to make up for the gold I've lost from my necklaces losing 500+ value each :)

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:36 pm

No, if you had that bug, and then you already saved, then it can't be reversed. But now if you get some masterwork, equip, save and reload they shouldn't become legendary anymore though! (I tried here and seems OK).

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:39 pm

Okay so... using fabula's save, I'm playtesting the last act. I think definitely the Hunter is wayyy overpowered :mrgreen:
I used Vaelis rally+take aim+hide in shadows and you can see the results. For the record I wasn't even using Hunter legendary weapons :lol: While Vaelis with his legendary hatchets was doing around 40-60 dmg, and Krimm power attack 60-70 :mrgreen:

I still like the idea of Hunter capable of doing crazy damage but right now is totally off vs the other classes. So I think will increase delay/SP costs only :)

yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Double Attack damage prediction is wrong though, but yeah pretty crazy numbers even with that taken into consideration.

However, I don't know that you need to change much. Consider...
Take Aim = 30 SP 12 delay
Hide in Shadows = 20 SP 8 delay
Double Attack = 20 SP 8 delay

And we have a total of 70 SP 28 delay to deal that damage. That is no small price to pay. It should be 1050% damage considering DA only gets doubled on the first hit, which makes it 15% damage/SP and 37.5% damage/delay (not counting reduced accuracy). If Vaelis uses Study Opponent, then throws his axes twice, he'll do 750% damage for 80 SP and 23 delay. A very comparable damage/delay ratio (32.6), though less efficient. But damage is all a hunter brings, so they ought to be great at it.

P.S. You didn't use Protect for even crazier numbers

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:25 pm

I only changed slightly the cost (+10SP which is nothing big) and +2 delays. Is true that needs a bit to prepare, but while your math seems correct, I don't know maybe at this level speed has more impact, but it seems that the hunter is clearly doing a lot of damage. Also, since enemies can heal now (not the minotaur, but others yes) the possibility to do big damage at once in one turn is even more important to make sure the enemy "stays dead" :P

I can always change it back how it was before if is wrong of course.

fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:30 pm

That's the build with Dual-wield and Attack traits, right?

EDIT: If the skills get nerfed too much, it might make some significant changes on how nightmarish Act 1 will become, where mana is low and... well, everything is low and Hunter doesn't have as much attribute point/trait boosts. Just a point to consider. But I bet you are already considering it. :P

yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:36 pm

Yes, the maths are done assuming 100 speed. At say 160 speed, the hunter gains more of an advantage (in fact as large as it gets), as it will have a total of 16 delay, whereas Vaelis will be at 13.5. This puts the damage/delay ratios at 65.6% vs. 55.6%. And that's assuming they have the same speed, I'm sure the hunter has way more than plate-Vaelis (and won't get staggered as often), so normally it wins by even more.

Still I am pumping out ranger/druid parties because I like the heals, so damage numbers like these are kinda needed for me to consider using a hunter :P