Feedback on Those Sweet (and Bitter)Skills --Act 2

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Feedback on Those Sweet (and Bitter)Skills --Act 2

Post by jack1974 »

Yes she doesn't need anymore favoritism :lol: is already a powerful character/class!
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

jack1974 wrote: Purification is not supposed to work on Madness and bleeding. Maybe I can add those though, so the Druid is more powerful.
May I just say.... Please don't! Because a) it's nice to have a couple of conditions that can't be "purified". b)Then the enemies can purify those as well c)Making Madness purifiable will demote Deceit's attack power.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Madness, much like say Slumber spam, needs a single target dispel to remove that massive deubff from the one victim, not Purification to remove 3 out of 10 turns of it from the victim while "overdispelling" everyone else. The game could really really use one, some debuffs are hopeless to get rid of.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I agree, maybe can be added to Druid's Eagle Grace or Tree of Life ? Since would cure only one target and costs enough should be OK - beside I have the fear that fighting Deceit with a Druid instead of Thief is going to be much harder :lol:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I don't, but limited playtime + kill everything + regen dance means it takes dreadfully long to get there. Based on what I've read I already know how my druid is gonna own it.

I would prefer you used Jariel's dispel song as a single target dispel BTW.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Couldn't Jariel's "Song of Purification" do that? Instead of removing 1 turn of "everything", it would purify 1 character of "everything" (except bleed)?

Oh well, I guess "Tree of Life" and "Eagle's Grace" might work as well. :P

EDIT: Lol, I shouldn't multitask when posting. yayswords got there first. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Okay will add that to Jariel song and have target only one character then :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I think Tree of Life makes more sense as a dispel. Eagle's Grace seems more like an offensive move.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I added the dispel to Jariel's only. The druid has purify that dispels to all party but only removes 1 turn, while Jariel's removes all turns of a single target.
I'd like to hear some comments of people who played both with Thief/Ranger and Druid to see how Druid compares against the other two classes :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

This was as of 0.8.36, so doesn't have your newest changes:
At the moment, the druid is my best mass party healer/dispeller (with Purify, I didn't take Nature's Grace), and the ranger a good single-target healer. I initially thought Rowinda's Life Channel could be used as a party heal, and it can the first time, but unless you have someone healing her back up, repeated uses aren't all that great. Besides, Rowinda is my best AoE nuker, so I want to keep her on offense as much as possible.

Half the time, my druid spends time healing, the other half of the time I use him to help nuke a threat. I admittedly haven't been using Eagle's Grace much, but I keep using Ice Spike in Act 3 for the slow (along with the earth thing). I don't have any of the druid row nukes, mostly because I wasn't sure what the environment would be like (I guessed Earth, but nope! Mostly fire and air.) and it was three levels to go if I had picked the wrong one. Besides, Rowinda's hurts more. The main advantage the Druid has over Rowinda is I can cast way more spells on my Druid with the lower SP costs, so Rowinda burns herself out after a handful of fights, but my Druid can last quite some time (especially with the restoration trait).

I think the highest single-target I've seen is ~105 damage (with the bugged madness), and damage is usually 30-40 against range and casters in the back row. I'm sure I could theoretically do a lot more; I think I'm hitting the magic cap because I don't often see the ranges when predicting damage.

My Ranger on the other hand, I'm building up to be a jack-of-all-trades. I use Wide Slash liberally on fights with three enemies in the front row. I have Strike Through to poke mages and stuff. I have that slow debuff move, in case nobody else is available. If I stagger them, I use that crit push thingy for a decent 90ish damage and a broken AI. I have something like 330 HP at level 16, even though I've long since stopped putting points into Con, so she can take a beating for quite a while. She's also really high on speed, which combines well with many of the lower delay activities. In an emergency, Life is pretty useful, though I try to avoid it because of the delay.

Overall, the Ranger and Druid do about the same amount of damage with my endurance builds (I don't do that silly regen dancing). Krimm's Wreak Havok, Chalassa's No Chances, and Rowinda's Lava Storm all do more damage than either character, but that's balanced out by the higher speed on the Ranger/Druid to get more hits and actions in, with less delay penalty. I haven't seen crazy hits like fabula, except Vaelis can reach 180-220 with Final Blow when it almost doesn't matter anymore, but some of that could also be skill choices. I am mixing in Riley and Jariel to debuff mobs, and alter the debuff appropriately for beating on them with sticks or spells.

(P.S. Purify removes 3 turns. It would not be nearly as useful at 1 turn for it's SP/delay and paltry heal. Yes 20% is nice, but it often is wasted on the back-row.)