Feedback on Those Sweet (and Bitter)Skills --Act 2

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Feedback on Those Sweet (and Bitter)Skills --Act 2

Post by jack1974 »

Well the issue is that after checking the skills, it applies basically only to those Hunter skills. As you say, all other skills are either physical (as physical damage) or magical. In Hunter's case, they're physical (meaning that Hunter doesn't cast a spell) but also elemental. Throwing a torch on an enemy and setting him on fire, is not a spell obviously, but it also does Fire damage, not blunt. Same for the others.
I admit probably they're not the best described/planned skills of the game though :lol:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

The skill already says "Fire damage" in the description, so I don't know why you need to add "elemental" in there. If the problem is that some skills don't mention the type of damage they do, then I think it'd be better to just update the description.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No I think the skills descriptions should be up to date now. Ok won't put the "elemental" for physical attacks then. As said is only for the Hunter skill as far as I know :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Thanks for adding the tags.

Anyways, what attributes would work best for Jariel? Arcane be pumped up for more damage for his offensive skills (which have a low damage percentage anyways) or should I opt for strength to take advantage of his weapons? Also, it seems when Jariel uses a song, he is inactive for several turns, or is there something I'm not understanding.

Rowinda
Syphon Life: No damage/healing scaling, I don't see value in it in the long run, unless an enemy has a ridiculously high defense.
Lightning Strike: Basically, a magical (and probably stronger) version of Strike Through. It helps round out other offensive spells in her arsenal, which hit rows.
Soulbound: I like it since it allows Rowinda to cast one more spell and deny the enemy of casting their own at the same time.

Riley
Mana Burn: Has a low cost in SP, it might help somewhat in long battles, where the enemy has a high SP to pool.

Chalassa
Poison Dagger: It seems redundant at first when she already has Bleeding Strike, which seems better in most ways. However, it has lower delay and SP cost, poison stacks with bleeding, it can work well with Bleeding Strike or another character that has skill that causes bleeding.