SOTW 0.8.24.18 - Second Act Beta!

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
loverofbooks
Young scout

Re: SOTW 0.8.24.18 - Second Act Beta!

Post by loverofbooks »

i have noticed that after i saved right before act 3 and i went to the 08.24.18 build and when i click continue or load game and then click on my save file it just goes back to the main menu.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

yes the previous builds could have some compatibility issues with saves :( you don't have any previous save available? from this version 0.8.24.18 until the end of beta saves should (finally!) be all compatible!
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Here's a rare plothole... (I don't honestly think that many people will run into this, as assisting the farmer is listed as a specific job at Ninim tavern, I'd assume most people *will* go and talk to him and thus won't encounter this plothole)
Spoiler:
If you never go to talk to the farmer, you'll never meet ratmen in Ninim. However, if you then go and do the ants quest in Dingirra, AND open the trapdoor, you'll then talk to the ratmen as if you had met them in Act 1. Not sure of the best way to fix this.....trapdoor won't open if you haven't met them? Or is this really a plothole one has to *TRY* to find and thus of no importance. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha interesting. Well I can add a check so that if you haven't met the Ratmen in act1, you can't met them even in act2 :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

It's possible to return to the arena and continue on with the assassin quest without meeting Jariel during the free day off... the block that throws you back to Dingirra when you go to the arena before meeting JAriel is removed when you complete the Ants quest. :P
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Fabulaparva is so bored of act 2 that she's actually properly testing the game trying to find all these loopholes... we badly need act 3.

Also, do we have some special discount with the ratmen? Always wondered.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

yayswords wrote:Fabulaparva is so bored of act 2 that she's actually properly testing the game trying to find all these loopholes... we badly need act 3.
Indeed. I'm finding new ways to break da game! :P

Here's a nifty energy/HP save CHEAT I found in the Kiduu.quest.
Choose a mage to protect Robinia (druid or Riley)
When the first attack happens, only put the protecting crew member against the lugal mercs....I mean go against the enemies with only 1 member... Defend or staffwhack (save your SP). After they kill you...you get offered three options... Load Savefile Try Again and Continue... click continue. You get to move on!!! :P Same thing for the next fight. Lol.
Once you see the Lugal area map, this trick won't work anymore. If you now lose with your one protector, you'll get a game over. So, put your crew of 6 back, move your protecting mage in the back row and heal him/her. Rest of your crew is now in good health after the partial heal they got from finding Robinia and having skipped two fights. :P :P :P :P

Note that if your Protector dies when you have others fighting with him/her, you'll get the Failed Quest dialogue. If your protector is the only one fighting the mercs, you'll get GAME OVER outside of the dungeon... because you'll get offered only Try Again, Load and End-options. The continue button is only offered inside of the dungeon. Somehow I doubt it should be offered even there... :lol: Now I wonder if the Lugal-side of this quest is bugged the same way..... :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today I got a few of the new tiles, so not all I need but I can start making act3 maps at least :)
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

fabulaparva wrote:
yayswords wrote:Fabulaparva is so bored of act 2 that she's actually properly testing the game trying to find all these loopholes... we badly need act 3.
Indeed. I'm finding new ways to break da game! :P
simple solution: be part of the top 3 rotten project and work without a free day for 3 weeks or so. blarg, it's good to be back in the world of the living again.

so - where's act 3?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Act 3 was sucked into a teleporting portal and flew to Dingirra. I must now travel there to recover it!!

Jokes apart I just got A PART of the tiles - so not all I need to finish it, but I can do some maps for the story at least :)