SOTW 0.8.24.18 - Second Act Beta!

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Re: SOTW 0.8.10 - Second Act Beta!

Post by fabulaparva »

I just noticed that taking the shortcuts to different (new) areas do not give the 'new area'-found credits. One can only get those by entering the area through the main points (from market area/neutral area/north gate etc). Now, it'll feel pretty odd to already have been, eg, in the Kiduu area and then when you enter it again through the supposed route, you'll get Riley introducing it to you. :)

On the positive side, loving the dialogue so far! So much fun :lol:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I thought no balance changes yet. I'm not even done fighting mercenaries. The Gamesh ones die a lot faster :P

Kiduu ones are proving a real challenge. The Lugal ones just took little damage, they weren't immediately threatening.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

A little confused. Do you mean that to play the Act 2 beta we need to pay for the game? And if so where can I do that, cause for me the trial is still ending after Act 1 :oops:

Also in the last Act 1 wave battle, there's some wonky placement of the character portraits in the pre-fight screens, i.e. they're stuck a tad lower than they should be. Pretty sure it wasn't like that before.

EDIT: Nevermind on the where to buy it. Is that what we need to do though?
Last edited by Asonder on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
All hail Rei's booty.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Kiduu pikemen are brutal. Sweeping Strike that inflicts poison, pushes target back and doesn't require SP or stagger lol. If I got it right anyway.

Oh and it can hit the back row. R.I.P. Riley.

Eating/drinking at the tavern kicks me out of the tavern afterwards.
Last edited by yayswords on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

fabulaparva wrote:I just noticed that taking the shortcuts to different (new) areas do not give the 'new area'-found credits. One can only get those by entering the area through the main points (from market area/neutral area/north gate etc). Now, it'll feel pretty odd to already have been, eg, in the Kiduu area and then when you enter it again through the supposed route, you'll get Riley introducing it to you. :)
Ahh yes lol. Well the shortcuts are useful only in latter quest so I think will disable them the first time you visit Dingirra.
yayswords wrote:I thought no balance changes yet. I'm not even done fighting mercenaries. The Gamesh ones die a lot faster :P

Kiduu ones are proving a real challenge. The Lugal ones just took little damage, they weren't immediately threatening.
OK I'll wait then. The encounters don't happen too often too :) Probably I need only to balance so they're even difficulty (more or less of course).
Asonder wrote:A little confused. Do you mean that to play the Act 2 beta we need to pay for the game? And if so where can I do that, cause for me the trial is still ending after Act 1 :oops:
yes sorry added the game page to first post. It's here: http://winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Asonder wrote: Also in the last Act 1 wave battle, there's some wonky placement of the character portraits in the pre-fight screens, i.e. they're stuck a tad lower than they should be. Pretty sure it wasn't like that before.
I don't understand, you mean the party portraits ? Here looks fine (is the same code on all pre-battle screens, so can't be something specific of that battle).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

yayswords wrote:Kiduu pikemen are brutal. Sweeping Strike that inflicts poison, pushes target back and doesn't require SP or stagger lol. If I got it right anyway.

Oh and it can hit the back row. R.I.P. Riley.
Heh yes they're nasty :)
yayswords wrote: Eating/drinking at the tavern kicks me out of the tavern afterwards.
Oops, another thing that shouldn't happen! going to check.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

yayswords wrote:Kiduu pikemen are brutal. Sweeping Strike that inflicts poison, pushes target back and doesn't require SP or stagger lol. If I got it right anyway.
Based on my first impression on the 4 family fights, agreed on this one. Kiduu-fight is almost too brutal. Galanna is also on the tough side, but I guess it's okay for NM. Gamesh & Lugal were easy-peasy. However, some of this easiness on my part is because of the money we had left, so healing up at taverns is not a problem. (I'm playing in NM, druid & hunter, minimal healing skills from the 1st Act.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm perhaps I should leave a bit of money, to at least get 2-3 healings, otherwise would be a bit too hard in NM I think. After all even if when they were captured they stole all their money, probably they have earned a few in the first weeks in Dingirra... so maybe I'll just divide the gold amount at end of Act1 by 3-4.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Aye here's an updated assessment of the mercs.

Kiduu are brutal. Not unbeatable but three in a row, I'm not sure I dare try that unless I got a full heal between.
Lugal are kinda boring. They have high health and defenses but run out of mana fast. So after like 3-4 rounds you're just exchanging weak blows with them. Or giving them pain but I want to save mana.
Gamesh guards are the easiest I think. I don't think they're threatening enough for their squishiness.
Galanna guards are okay. If you leave the battlemage up it's easy to regen dance as he can spend so many turns just refreshing Eagle's Grace or Perfect Balance on himself.

Note I haven't visited the tavern (I reloaded :P) but I haven't wiped out the mercs yet, probably gonna do some shopping before I try the Kiduu again. Lugal and Gamesh have been wiped out though.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

I'll revisit my first impression on the Lugal party and say that they are easy-peasy when one gets 2 of them. Fighting 3 of them is far less easy. :P

Riley's mirror-skill is nicee, especially since I'm right now without a Ranger and their trusted Bramble Coat.

And oh, all the enemy-sprites I'm beating into pulp are gorgeous. :)