doing "plot flashback"

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Re: doing "plot flashback"

Post by Lonestar51 »

Good news, I can't wait til throwing money at the screen works ;-)

Regarding flashback: Logically it does not make sense to develop Riley in the flashback, but in this case the effort needed for a "TempRiley" is not worth it.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Franka wrote:If I was coding the game, I would create a new character, TempRiley, give him a couple of skills and his own inventory, leaving RealRiley untouched. I don't see the problem with TempRiley's XP being lost. If they're that important, just add a fixed amount to RealRiley's XP upon completion of the flashback.

I concur, But since but since this is a scripted event, we do know what the XP total sum is, so why can we not issue that at the end of the flashback as quest completion XP. That way way both sides can be happy.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The main issue is that creating the tmpRiley has "side-effects" :) even if is a beta I don't want to break the system or maybe risk future problems during saves/load. Scary stuff :shock:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

How about treating trmpRiley as a creature mob? That just can be used on the player's side? I am assuming you can add creatures without breaking any saves right?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No is more complex than that, but honestly in past 2-3 days didn't had much time to test (busy with other stuff). Will make another try with tmpRiley next week :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Good news, I tried again today and the tmpRiley hack seems to work. I tested his full quest and even did a fight after that to make sure the other party members were re-added properly. I'm 99% sure it's working fine now :)
The only caveat is that you can't see the pre-battle screen, but since there's only one character, is not a big deal.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Hooray!