The random store selection

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
renke_
Elder Druid

Re: The random store selection

Post by renke_ »

Sounds great - the leveling of items should be enough to enable more often real upgrade options. I will report in due course :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I think you're breaking what game balance you've achieved and should leave item maxing to obsessive/compulsive people. Easy, early access to "good stuff" means balancing the game all over again, and the balance will get worse and worse because the only people testing are people who've completed it so many times that they make extremely informed choices.

I seriously think it's time to focus on Act II and stop rebalancing Act I.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I agree and I don't. I think it should have been like this from square one and then balanced around it. I am not gonna take blame for this though, I wanted to find the items I was rerolling manically for previously easier, now I can find better items without even rerolling :)

But act one being too easy is not really a concern right now. Think of all the changes to the combat systems that are probably ahead of us in efforts to balance future acts. They might make act one harder again. Or easier. Better to just finish the game and then go back. But until then it needs to be beatable so we can try new party builds, so better that it's too easy than too hard.

You could even say that's an argument for ignoring balance altogether until act four is out o.o
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote: I seriously think it's time to focus on Act II and stop rebalancing Act I.
Don't worry I'm doing it indeed, the latest updates were bugfixes, and in this case the only thing I changed is having "higher level" items, and a higher quantity amount (9 items instead of 6 in each shop minimum). The difficulty should be the same, is true that now you can get more powerful items, but with the resistances now working as they should some battles should be harder.
If I hadn't done other fixes like the magicbolt, resistances, etc I wouldn't have even updated it :) I also changed the jewelry, so seemed fair to let them get the "right" version (with some items that CAN have more than 1 resistance).
Unless people find serious bug I won't touch this anymore until I'm done with Act 2. Finishing the game is my priority too! In Act 2 I don't plan to tweak anything if not the specific battles themselves and of course bugs, but not rules.