SOTW 0.79 - First Act Beta preview!

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: SOTW 0.75 - First Act Beta preview!

Post by Franka »

The sluggishness on the overworld maps was pretty horrendous for me too, and I'm on a desktop. It's the animated arrows that does it, as well as the text pop ups when you hover over them. It helps somewhat if I close everything else that's running, but I don't want to do that.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm what are your system specs ? Here on a i3-2120 3.30Ghz with an Ati Radeon 4670 and 8Gb RAM runs fine even if I keep opened photoshop, thunderbird, firefox and couple more.
Not trying to brag or anything, I want to get an idea on which computers the game has problems to see what I can do to optimize it :) thanks

Ah also if you go in option and choose transition -> None, the speed on the map improves?
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

When you approach the animal pack in Ninim the twins seem to be pretty much thinking "let's kill it and grab the pelts before someone else does", not very pacifist :P
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah I am going to change that text, I just wrote it quickly myself :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Then there's also the messages when you hover over a snow tiger alpha or spiders. Basically "We don't have to fight this, but there's pretty sweet loot to be had."

But consider also, why do they condone trapping to begin with? Sure they need the furs to make a living, I get that. But leaving the animals to suffer in the trap until you show up to kill it and skin them, rather than hunting them down for a quick merciful death... I am not sure you can keep the game like that and motivate the twins being pacifists. I actually like their GET THAT PELT attitude too lol, I don't want you to change that, I want you to change what Althea says in battles :P
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Agreed, the twins feel like they are actually living with nature instead of the disneyland version of nature. Altheas attitude was really refreshing. Please don't change it.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes this game theme/mood is more towards Game Of Thrones, there aren't any cruel things like torture and such, but is not very "disneyland" :mrgreen:
As a vegan I was pretty disgusted by the attitude (like when they want to kill the young bear) but obviously I must not let my personal ideas influence the game story too much.
renke_
Elder Druid

Re: SOTW 0.76 - First Act Beta preview!

Post by renke_ »

The price calculation is sometimess a little bit off: Just seconds ago the price of a ring was displayed as 100, but the check-out price was actually 101. Either two methods of rounding for the two displays or a bad case of instant inflation :)

---

edited to add: Seems to be a new behaviour in 0.76 - the price was again off by one
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes probably is some rounding problem, will check it :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Also I would like to get a few saves at end of first season/act from various people with different "siblings configurations" (druid-hunter, hunter-ranger, ranger-druid) so when I code the next part I can test with real saves from people to see the difficulty. You can send them to the usual address Image