pre order bonus

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
shot123
Young scout

Re: pre order bonus

Post by shot123 »

this is set in the same universe as loren correct? if so and if the writer has time maybe a little pdf with things in about the universe like races cities magic etc with a few images
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

shot123 wrote:this is set in the same universe as loren correct? if so and if the writer has time maybe a little pdf with things in about the universe like races cities magic etc with a few images
Yep, it is in the same universe, but sometime after the events of Loren 1.

I know I am one of those who would love a pdf of such things in the future :). Some of the material does show up in the wikia, mostly gathered from Loren 1 and Spirited Hearts. The tone is mostly dry as it tried to glean information from the games without any embellishment.

I could almost imagine an entry for Slimy Snakes:
Encountered in the sewers below Lothark, Slimy Snakes are an instructive tale of survival. For a period of time, snakeskin was all the fashion rage in the Empire of Man, and several enterprising farmers started to raise Giant Snakes to meet this demand. However, as with any trend, it soon crashed, and the farmers were left with thousands of snakes on their hands.

Intending to make a profit at any cost, the farmers cut a deal with the military, and soon snake meat was gracing the tables of the army. However, some of the farmers' children made pets of the snakes. Rather than see their scaly friends meet the butcher's knife, they released the snakes into the wild.

Things went well for the snakes until winter started. Most froze to death, but the more fortunate made their way back to the city via the sewer tunnels. There, amidst the filth and muck, their numbers grew, and size shrank due to the run-off of failed apprentice experiments. Legends started to appear about the 'sewer snakes'. The legend was soon confirmed as fact when the head Headwizard of the Lothark Magic Academy encountered one of the slimy snakes while...shaking...off the effects of a 'faculty meeting' which lasted until the brink of dawn.
Last edited by Miakoda on Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:43 am, edited 7 times in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol I should hire you to do the PDF!! :)
Currently the writers are busy with other stuff, so unfortunately I don't think will manage to do that, but is a good idea indeed. Will remember it for future games :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Lol I should hire you to do the PDF!! :)
*blushes* More seriously, I'm glad you didn't think my writing was bad :D
Currently the writers are busy with other stuff, so unfortunately I don't think will manage to do that, but is a good idea indeed. Will remember it for future games :)
A pdf/travelogue is something that I would love to see, long term, especially as Aravorn is built up.

Heck, I think this would be a natural fit for Spirited Hearts 2, with locations around the city. It seemed a shame there wasn't such a thing for Spirited Hearts 1 :)
Last edited by Miakoda on Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes agreed! unfortunately I think is a thing that would require some time, so I would need to get another writer to do that while the main one focus on the story :oops:
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

documents explaining the background are great - though not only as a beta buyer goodie. If such a PDF will be written it should be part of an official release, e.g. an extended edition.