Centaurs?!? Awesome

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: Centaurs?!? Awesome

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:True, the female centaurs reminds me of those 80' rock/metal bands too :lol:
...now that I have that image stuck in my head I don't want to romance centaurs anymore :oops:
A more serious question:
Are the centaurs more wilderness-oriented in this game? Or are some of them more likely to reside in cities, towns, etc?

If I look at the female centaur I actually think she is more martial/barbarian inclined, whereas the male centaur seems...well, if not more urban, but maybe in a tribe that deals with towns, etc.

Depending which it is, that could certainly dictate certain things like hair styles, etc. If one is in a more martial group, they may not be as inclined to fuss with their hair all day. Not that there is anything wrong with a more martial group also favoring cosmetics.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I haven't decided anything right now but I'm more inclined towards the wilderness-oriented. We have already many races that stay in towns (dwarves, elves, even dark elves stay in villages). Being centaurs would make sense that they're nomad since they can cover long distances rather quickly :)
To be honest I'm not 100% sure if they'll be in SOTW, since depends on writer, but worse case they'll be in Loren 2 :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:I haven't decided anything right now but I'm more inclined towards the wilderness-oriented. We have already many races that stay in towns (dwarves, elves, even dark elves stay in villages). Being centaurs would make sense that they're nomad since they can cover long distances rather quickly :)
To be honest I'm not 100% sure if they'll be in SOTW, since depends on writer, but worse case they'll be in Loren 2 :)
Wilderness makes sense as well.

And even if they don't show up in SoTW, at least they will still exist in the greater world.

With the hint you gave about Loren 2 in the society thread, one could almost see a small country of people enslaving centaurs, viewing them as a 'beasts of burden', while Loren, having freed the slaves in Amazon territory, might take a dim view of this ;)
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:True, the female centaurs reminds me of those 80' rock/metal bands too :lol:
...now that I have that image stuck in my head I don't want to romance centaurs anymore :oops:
:lol:

Now here's a centaur from Paizo's Kingmaker Adventure Path I wouldn't mind romancing...

We don't have to worry about this one being a refugee from an 80's male hair metal band. :P Hmm...maybe the centaurs in SotW are all 80's hair metal fans? :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Nice one indeed :)
Haha yes, the centaurs are devoted to the cult of the God Manowar :lol:
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Female centaur?

WANT!!!!

Can we romance her as the female character? I don't care if she looks a bit masculine, I like that!
OtterFace
Young scout

Post by OtterFace »

I'm with Miakoda on this one; not every character needs to be über-masculine/feminine (or even attractive).
It's certainly nice to see some androgynous women, considering we already have a lot of men with more soft, feminine features in Winter Wolves games.

PS: 80's hair metal is awesome
nullzero
Young scout

Post by nullzero »

just came across a big buch of centaur pictures in reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/ImaginaryCentaurs
:)
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

I too hope that someday in the future, when we venture the world of Aravorn yet again, we would have a chance to befriend and even romance a centaur as stunning as Auris. When you think about it, on the romance with extraordinary races plate there are already succubi, vampires, nagas and even a race as unprecedented as half-lizard half-elf (whatever it may be called). Centaurs fit right in, I'd say.
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I agree. It's just a matter of writing/drawing the stories, since I have a big backlog of stuff to finish first :mrgreen: