Art thread

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Art thread

Post by jack1974 »

I'm going to put the art/concept art here, starting with the existing characters to the new stuff:

new image:
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Art thread

Post by jack1974 »

Posting this here even if not sure the vikings will be present in this game. One of them is a Boss battle though:
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

So where is the turkish bate scenes?
And why cant I be a viking?
Last edited by ValHallen on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The bathhouse scenes aren't done yet, artist is busy with other stuff now :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Work has resumed on this game after some weeks of break! sorry, not the bathing scene preview yet, but a nice location of the game:
an middle orient looking camp in the middle of snow? nothing is impossible in the lands of Aravorn!
(explanation: they use a magic portal to teleport everything at long distances to trade)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Okay... here are Shea & Althea relaxing. This will give you a hint of how the hot bath scene is (happens in second season of the game). This is also where some camp dialogues takes place.
Also, stop wondering about this. I see what you're thinking now. No, they're not naked. Why do you think they wear no panties under the water? really, you are all perverts! :lol:

Hmm actually who I am to tell you what to think? is good to dream! :mrgreen:
megaman12321
Young scout

Post by megaman12321 »

This might be minor, but I think something is off with Chalassa. I think the shading on her head might be a bit weird compared to the body. I don't know, it's a shadow thing, but for some reason I keep being bothered by it
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Chalassa gets lighted from the right. (right-left here from the viewers perspective, not from the chars.) You can see how the face is on the right side of the picture lighter than on the left.

The body should also get lighted from the right, except that the arm shades most of it. The arms are straight down, maybe just a tiny bit forward. So lighting of the body is OK. What is wrong is the lighting of her right arm (left side of pic) which seems lighted from left and is lighter than the other.

That said, I had to switch into my merciless-critic-mode to see it, otherwise I would not have. (Maybe I am doing this merciless-critic thing a bit too much, lately... but it lets me enjoy the game when I cannot play it. :twisted: )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah maybe is because how the sprites for this game are "composed". Since each character has at least two outfits, they share the same "body", so maybe when I split it there was some wrong lighting. Not sure, for me they look fine :oops:
megaman12321
Young scout

Post by megaman12321 »

Oh good, it is there. I thought I was being paranoid. Don't feel bad jack, I have a lot of art friends who show off their work to me so they can be critiqued and I just developed a eye for these things. Not good enough to specifically point out detail, but enough to actually notice something is off. That being said, everyone else looks fine to me.

Chalassa's case is more form her (I'm guessing) casual clothes then her default outfit on the top. That was what really popped up for me. The heads are the same but the bodies incorporate different lighting affects of them