the romances

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Sylrissa
Druid

Re: the romances

Post by Sylrissa »

Maelora wrote:Something just occurred to me... the more 'feminine' guy and the girly-girl are available for the female character...

While the more masculine guy (well, he has a beard!) and the tomboyish girl are available for the male character...
I noticed that as well, and I'm pretty sure it's intentional, to not make the effeminate male gay, and the more tomboyish female a lesbian, to give people something different.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes exactly, since in previous games we had Draco and so on :)
Valorous_Roland
Young scout

Post by Valorous_Roland »

Haha, it looks so empty! I don't mind the limited options, actually. Hopefully they'll be really in-depth (not saying that games with lots of romances, like Loren, were shallow, not at all!).

I like the look of the GxB character a lot...

Keep up the good work!
Legendzerox
Young scout

Post by Legendzerox »

Since Romances are not gonna be in the first one, have you though about adding 1 or 2 more people for each person?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It's really not possible to change anything plot related at this point, sorry! is all laid out and adding a character would mean rewrite everything :)
In this game I focused more on the gameplay than romances (albeit still present). I'm experimenting, besides for those who want to play RPG more as dating sim, there's Loren 2 that will be enough for a while with its 14091203 romances :lol:
Legendzerox
Young scout

Post by Legendzerox »

jack1974 wrote:It's really not possible to change anything plot related at this point, sorry! is all laid out and adding a character would mean rewrite everything :)
In this game I focused more on the gameplay than romances (albeit still present). I'm experimenting, besides for those who want to play RPG more as dating sim, there's Loren 2 that will be enough for a while with its 14091203 romances :lol:
I actually love both rpgs and dating sims. I guess I started loving them when Mass Effect came around. But yeah, was just wondering if you could or not. It will not detract to the greatness of the game. Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Loren 2.
Aroree
Young scout

Post by Aroree »

I am a little disappoint...just a little...I saw Riley....so played female to hook up with him, but he is only a BxB option? And the only GxB option is that girly-boy? *sigh* I guess my girl will be hooking up with Chalassa. I sometimes like masculine male love interests. But oh well. I'll keep playing. Not gonna deter me at all. Just a little jelly that my twin will be getting the chance to hook up with the hot illusionist. XD Lucky-butt.
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Actually, both Riley and Chalassa were originally planned to be romancable by both genders, but I felt that would take away incentive to choose Krimm's and Jariel's paths. Besides, I'm pretty sure you're going to like Jariel's path; besides his looks (which are more due to his elven blood than anything else), he's at least as much of a man as Riley, if not moreso...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Don't worry, Taleweaver - is only that I spoiled my users, they're used to be able to romance anything moving on screen in my games, including the mouse pointer :mrgreen:
Jokes apart, I cannot put so many romances as Loren in every RPG, otherwise I would release one every 3 years... and that would be bad :wink:
cheska
Young scout

Post by cheska »

Taleweaver wrote:Actually, both Riley and Chalassa were originally planned to be romancable by both genders, but I felt that would take away incentive to choose Krimm's and Jariel's paths. Besides, I'm pretty sure you're going to like Jariel's path; besides his looks (which are more due to his elven blood than anything else), he's at least as much of a man as Riley, if not moreso...
I thought Riley reminded me of Tarabas from the show Fantighiro. :mrgreen: