the romances

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Taleweaver
Official writer

Re: the romances

Post by Taleweaver »

If you liked the Fantaghiro series, you'll find a lot to like in SotW, and even moreso in the NEXT project I'm working on. I'm currently still in the concept/design stage, and we probably won't even start production before next year, but... well, you'll see :)
Athelinde
Young scout

Post by Athelinde »

I just discovered this thread after having played the game several times (till where it is Act II). I am somewhat disappointed in the limited romances, but even more at the disparity between the romance options for Althea and Shea, where Shea's romance options are very prominent in Act 2, Althea's romance options are only peripherally there.

I like my games with a possible female lead (I don't really play anything else), RPG with a good story and interesting game mechanics and romance possibilities (Yuri preferred :) ). I have noticed I get bored with just dating sims, or games mostly ruled by game mechanics and little story.

Well anyway it would be nice if the romance options for either character options in the game are equally prominent and just as early in the game. I understand that that is hard to change this late in the development of the game, but it is one of the things I am disappointed with. (I am thrilled with Loren (& Planet Stronghold) and looking forward to Loren 2).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well the number of dialogues for each romanceable character is fixed, so it's just a matter of waiting act3 - is not like the male gets more dialogues :) It's only that because how the general plot is structured they had less chances to talk. But in the end, they'll get same treatment.
But yes as said several times in forums, don't expect in this game the amount of romance found in Loren for sure!
oberonblu
Young scout

Post by oberonblu »

WetRiley! SQUEEEEEE!!!!!
Last edited by oberonblu on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Have you tried pressing the 'H' key? ;)
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

Damn.
I should have checked this before trying to romance Jariel with Shea XD
Got turned down. Right in the feels T^T I felt for Shea. So. much.
And I had such a hard time making up my mind as well which guy to try for XD Kinda forgot that Jariel is f only ;P
Oh well. Reason to run another go right away, instead of waiting for the next version >:3 And finding more bugs.
acesahn
Young scout

Post by acesahn »

Would you ever consider an expansion for this game, including more romances? To me the limited love options are a missed opportunity, the story is LONG and quite good. Im enjoying it so far just as much as Loren, and thats saying alot! But the limited love options... the characters are already in the game, you can already talk and interact with them, rank there hearts up. Isnt most of the ground work for the romances already done, save some modified conversations and a CG scene?

Id easily buy another expansion like I did with Loren for a Althea Krimm romance alone... and I dont agree with a post saying she's to much like a Loren romance, she's very different from Loren!
Last edited by acesahn on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

There is an expansion planned. The details are kind of secret since it's in a very early stage.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The DLC is coming along nicely :) I cannot tell the subject, but I can tell you this:
- the party will be split in two, so the problem of "too long" battles will be solved since you'll have max 4 party members on each fight
- the split will be carefully done so that each twin is in company of their potential romances: Althea with Chalassa (if you got the alive ending) and Jariel, Shea with Krimm and Riley
- there are a LOT of extra interactions based on romances. There's the main plot, and then if you have a romances there are extra lines (in some cases 4-5, in other a quite long paragraph) of interactions between the sibling and the love interest

so there won't be new characters to romance but, for the first time in one of my games/RPG, a "couple life", so in practice after they are already in love, they stay together and do another journey (there will be fights and travel to obscure places...). The DLC won't be as long as the main game obviously but has some interesting minigames, a strategy part and new cool places to visit. In summary I believe is turning out quite good and will please those who wants more about romances and even those who liked the RPG part will be satisfied :)

Unfortunately adding more romance combos at this point is not doable, I wanted to focus on a few but very long ones. Of course, there are many new RPGs which will have more romance options like (obviously) Loren 2-3, Roger Steel, Queen Of Thieves and PSCD.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I actually really love the idea of more in depth romances with less options. It is great to play a game where it is more in depth and enjoy the romance more fully because of it.