attributes, skills & level up

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: attributes, skills & level up

Post by jack1974 »

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the reaction when the beta is available will be this:
:lol: :lol:
(special appearances: on the left, Leon. On the right, Miele)
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Aww and when are Leon and Miele (how is that pronounced? Me-lee?) going to appear in a game?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I should add them indeed! Problem is that not all artists can draw nice cats. Miele means honey in italian,not sure how to write the spelling but I think "MEE-lə;" (at least what I found on Wikipedia).
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Those cats are so cute! *____*
Here on Brazil, we cal honey "Mel". It's similar to "Miele", almost the same pronunciation.
But anyway, I'm sure we will be patient with the new system, and since it will be a beta almost any change or mistake is excusable.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Really nice cats. The forum needs more Lolcats anyway. ;-)

Regarding beta-testing or alpha-testing: I made the experience that this may mean very different things to different teams. And if "alpha" means "not all content in the game, and please help testing a bit more" then this can be enjoyable, and I would love to play it. However, sometimes it means "Bugs? We no care about stinkin bugs!" (and yes: this was about game breaking bugs, which had been present for months) and this is about as much fun as you expect. So what I want to say is: If you publish a alpha or beta, please be prepared to fix bugs as they are found.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course, I do the beta testing to fix the bugs! I have to make a distinction: if a bug means a crash, or an unexpected behavior, etc then no problems to fix it. Instead if you suggest to add skill XYZ that does this and that, then in that case is not a bug but more a suggestion or a feature request and depending on the difficulty (and if I feel is right or not) I might be able to do it or not :)
(I thought was obvious but better be clear indeed)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Sorry if I came across the wrong way. I would have expected developers to care about bugs found on published alpha/beta-Versions - but there is at least one team which added new content and code to an already not-working mess. So I feel the need to point out what might be obvious.

If you do not add all suggestions this is to be expected, for the reasons you pointed out. And because different people can have conflicting suggestions, like nerf/buff a specific weapon for example.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No worries :) I think I never left a bug unsolved, sometimes it would take days if was particularly hard, but if is something I can solve, I always try to do it. The only exceptions where in some rare cases where the problem was on the framework I'm using for certain videocards drivers, but luckily is 1 case out of 1000 (or more).
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

Post by deathknight1728 »

Miele has the enhanced edge of the nefarious trait. It would seem Leon needs to get to lvl 3 of Shadowprancer to keep up :mrgreen:
?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

They're both two of the most calm cats, though Leon (despite his name :lol:) is probably the most peaceful, harmless and submissive cat of all my 11!