attributes, skills & level up

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Re: attributes, skills & level up

Post by Lonestar51 »

Althea as druid looks really good, and its good to see progress being made on the game.

However, I would like to have more Attribute points I can give to my char, having more room to customize her (or him).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well there are 6 attributes already, so twice Loren's attributes. Besides I am not sure what other attributes I could add? considering here we don't have PS1 dialogue style with skills check, so anything related to non-combat situations like Charisma, Medicine, etc can't be of any use...
..However if I manage to implement crafting, I guess I could add 3 more: Blacksmith (Weapons/Armors), Fletcher (Bow/arrows) and Alchemy (Potions). But considering the small amount of time and the fact that I wasted 45 days of work because of real-life issues, I am not sure I'll manage to add this. If I add it would be cool though :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

@Lonestar51 I see 5 attribute points at level up...how many more do you want? To my knowledge that seems above par for most games. We do not even know how Wolf will even do the points distribution yet, you might get some more points to for a skill tree ect. Heck we do not even know what the base cap is yet. I do not mean to sound snappish just stating that old Jack is just giving a sneak preview, and with that everything is still fluid, as in nothing is set in stone yet....Heh he has to balance the game ect xp per level so many things are left out of that screen shot that would give you more to go on.

@Jack such a tease.....want now! *Cracks the whip*

*edit typo
Last edited by Pace675 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ahh you mean the attribute points count!! I thought the number of attributes instead !
Well yes 5 is just a test, I'll need to test/tweak a bit to see about the right number. I might make higher, since right now 1 point = 10hp and is a bit unbalanced maybe vs other attributes. For example let's say you have 25 levels cap, if you spend the 5 points every time on Strength you would get 125+ Attack skill, or if you spend all in HP you'd get 1250HP :lol:
So yeah, need to tweak it a bit :oops:
peregrin
Young scout

Post by peregrin »

Hi,

Thanks for the update! Althea still looks depressed to me. Looks like a fair amount of space for character development, based on what little has been teased so far.

Will we get hover-information about the attributes? (I don't think I'd be able to guess what the difference between Wisdom and Will, or between Skill and Agility is, game-play wise.)

Two minor nitpicks: (a) "twins" should have an apostrophe after it (though I am under the impression that "twins's" is technically permissible, too, even though nobody uses it), and (b) the spacing of the icicle font (cf. ATTR[IB]UTES) needs some affection.

-- peregrin
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Don't understand, Althea looks depressed as facial expression? that's the "neutral" face :) Or if you mean in the videos, yes both the main characters don't talk much in them, also the text change depending who you play, not sure as who I was playing when I recorded them. Anyway, surely living with a iron-fist father didn't help much!

The attributes description are missing, since I'm planning this game to be ported on touch-devices (well, Android in practice) from the start, info on each attribute will appear in the blank space under the two frames when you click on their names or in the arrows to assign the points.

Going to change twins and also tweak the spacing since I used an image based font and some letters are wrong indeed!
Valorous_Roland
Young scout

Post by Valorous_Roland »

I have to agree with peregrin about the spacing of the word "attributes". It does look a little off. And to add to the twins/twin's/twins's/twins' thing, I think that the correct one is " twins' " (that would be pronounced the same as twins, while twins's would be more like twin-siz... And I think the rule is if it's plural like that, it's without the extra sound). But I'm not a grammar expert or anything, so...

Anyways, that costume is gorgeous. Great job! I can't wait to play this.

EDIT: Oops... And he's already there.
peregrin
Young scout

Post by peregrin »

Hi,
Valorous_Roland wrote:EDIT: Oops... And he's already there.
He does tend to do that, yes. I am beginning to suspect that he is a lupine message board ninja.

And to be clear, I do agree that a lack of particular cheerfulness in the twins (at least initially) is consistent with what we know of the backstory so far.

Looking forward to this one,

-- peregrin
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Fixed the twins and also the spacing on the letter "I" in the frozen text font.
note the NIGHTMARE difficulty option! You'll be happy now :mrgreen:
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Average "won't pose much treat"? But I want lots of treats! :? Oh well, hopefully hard and nightmare will give us more treats. :mrgreen: