game logo

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

game logo

Post by jack1974 »

I'm trying to do the hardest thing ever in game development: get a decent logo for the game! Even if I think my artists are great, none of them is good with logos (by their own admissions!). I asked one to come up with a logo anyway:
it's not bad, I like the 4 season symbols (the font choice was mine but was just an example :lol:) but I am not sure how it can look scaled down...then I made some tests myself:
which looks bad, but actually displayed on a game location, is not terrible I think:
but I'm not entirely convinced...bah! I should make games without logos :lol:
MarSel
Druid

Re: game logo

Post by MarSel »

I like the first one because of the four seasons theme to it but it's missing something... Not sure what but out of the three top one is the best. I think anyway.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Maybe is only the font that looks bad then. By the way, the first is not finished, artist asked how it was going before adding more details to the leaves and so on.
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Maybe it is the font that's a little off. Have a mess around because if the rest is still going on it's going to be great. Maybe minus the wolf and words could be the loading logo (whatever you call it)
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

I don't like any of them, but if I absolutely had to choose, I'd go with the second. The first one looks like it's for a children's game or maybe a VN aimed at tween girls. Help the nice wolfie find all the lost bunny rabbits so he can cuddle with them. :P Even the leaves look like they really want to be flowers. I love the lettering of the second, but it could use a graphic of some sort. The scene in the third is very, very generic. It needs something to spice it up.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha ok then I'm not the only one that thinks that the 1st logo is "too cute" :lol:
(I wrote it but then I edited out because I didn't want to influence people).
The third is actually a game location with the logo put on it, so is just a test to see how the second logo looks on a background, but is not a logo/title itself.

I am not sure, to be honest Loren and PS didn't have any special logo either but people didn't seem to mind too much. But even if I wanted, I simply can't find anyone to do me a good logo, so... I guess I'll try to modify the second adding some artwork to it :)
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:Haha ok then I'm not the only one that thinks that the 1st logo is "too cute" :lol:
(I wrote it but then I edited out because I didn't want to influence people).
The third is actually a game location with the logo put on it, so is just a test to see how the second logo looks on a background, but is not a logo/title itself.

I am not sure, to be honest Loren and PS didn't have any special logo either but people didn't seem to mind too much. But even if I wanted, I simply can't find anyone to do me a good logo, so... I guess I'll try to modify the second adding some artwork to it :)
Then it sounds like what you need is to pick the best scene from the game to combine with the logo, perhaps with one or more of the iconic characters, as in Loren. I don't think the sleepy little village by itself is it, but it works as proof of concept.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that was the only finished background image I had so I used that, will retry later when I have more meaningful locations or characters to show :)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

I thought the wolf had white fur?

And besides, I do not like the the font in the first picture.

Maybe the second logo, but with an white wolf and some leaves/flowers to indicate the seasons?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the wolf is white indeed, that was just a test by the artist but I could ask him to change the color. I am thinking about adding some white wolf head in the second logo and see how it looks...