The Cast

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: The Cast

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:I decided to go with bloodskins, since she is a deadly assassin I think it's appropriate :)
Well, is it the name of her "race" or a job description/nickname? I think this is slightly confusing.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It should be a racial trait typical of those people, so yes race. Like for example they could be all born with red hairs, or skin with a red color. It could also simply be the name of people living in a specific area, or following a cult. I think is better if I ask the writer since I made a bit of a mess :lol:
at-a-glance
Young scout

Post by at-a-glance »

Aleema wrote:
at-a-glance wrote:As someone who is Native American, I think this whole issue is blown out of proportion. Your redskins don't look like any Native American tribe I've ever seen, so I think you're good.
It's being respectful to those who have, in the past, really liked people to not have used the term "redskins" to describe a race of people. The fact that the art doesn't look Native American per se, could be considered the same insult as Johnny Depp (white man) playing a Native American in the new Lone Range movie. It's called white-washing (that movie role could have gone to someone who is actually Native American), or in some cases, playing "red-face" (similar to black-face, which is hugely insulting to black people). Not only could someone see that you're using a disparaging slang for a race (on top of the unfortunate wording of calling them sub-human), but not even depicting them as a people of color as the slur implies? It could be like two slaps to the face.

If you really are Native American, then I apologize for explaining myself to you. But to some Native Americans, this is an actual issue with the media appropriating/bastardizing their culture. Do I think Jack was doing this? No. It was an accident but problematic all the same. I don't care if it stays the same and nothing changes, just letting him know that there are those who could find this insensitive.
I understand not wanting to unnecessarily offend anyone, but I also understand that you can just as easily offend someone unintentionally just by putting pen to paper.

Regarding the name, why go with a compound name to begin with rather than the simplified ‘reds’? It’s short, sweet, and to the point without any ambiguous ‘blood’ or ‘hair’.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's true, that might work too. Thanks for the suggestion :)
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

jack1974 wrote:OK I'll ask the writer how he wanted to develop that character (if he has already thought how, since he just started writing the story). If is a sort of cult made only by assassins, I like the Sisters of the sands name (assuming they're all females!)
weeeellllll ...... in Loren you invented "male amazons" which are somewhat a contradiction, too. So a "male sister" should not be a problem for your games :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Aleema wrote:
DunKalar wrote:Or if they are only a part of those peolple, you can set them up as a cult ;-) "Sisters of the sands" or something like that.
That's a really cool name. :)
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Aleema wrote:
DunKalar wrote:Or if they are only a part of those peolple, you can set them up as a cult ;-) "Sisters of the sands" or something like that.
That's a really cool name. :)
Sisters of the sands is such a cool name I agree, if it'll fit with the story being written, that would be a great name to go with.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

today I'm facing a hard decision for Krimm, the BxG muscular character. I think brown hair and black eyes looks good (maybe even brown eyes).
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

When I first heard about her, I assumed she was going to be the GxG option, but after seeing more about Chalassa, I'm glad she is our GxG option. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

What you don't like the big bad muscular woman? :lol:
Jokes apart I made that choice because I got several requests from male players for different, more muscular women, some complaining that Loren despite the description wasn't really BIG BAD MUSCULAR (I have to agree even if I prefer her that way myself :lol:). Muscles apart I still find Krimm attractive personally.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've also changed Rowinda face in the previous post adding wrinkles, now I think she looks "old enough" :)