about this RPG

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: about this RPG

Post by jack1974 »

If all weeks AREN'T like this one, soon. Otherwise, next year :lol:
Jokes apart this week was nuts because of some bundles madness on Steam. Now is over, and I hope to be able to work regularly next week! I am done with the sidequests, but still about 1/4 of the main plot events for the first Season, so I think should be around 15 days of work, but not more :)
(disclaimer: as always when I talk about release/beta/demo I only mean THE FIRST SEASON only, not the whole game)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

One thing which came to mind while I was pondering the screenshot of the fight against bandits is tactics and formations.

You said somewhere (correct me if I am wrong) that melee-attacks work best against the foe opposite the char, and anywhere else the foe is hard to reach. So in the early stages of the game (i.e. before you have 6 party members) you can easily move your one or two frontline-guys around (or frontline-Althea, for that matter ;-) ) as needed: Avoid the strongest foe, chase the already weakened foe, hunt down the guy with the special moves which ignore relative position - that kind of thing. In Loren "moving" was a relativly fast action, meaning this could be very helpful.

Now the real question is: How much will the foes be able to dance around to avoid/counter your tactics?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The AI isn't programmed for this :oops: I mean they don't recognize what is the best position. Indeed this is one feature that I'm not sure if to keep or not. I did it mainly because I wanted to justify having the Thief class in the front line.
Maybe I'll change it differently: the Thieves being hit by melee from Warrior that aren't facing them in front will get half damage. That would also probably work better in term of balancing. Yes I really think I'm going to do that, because with this system was becoming a bit too much to always move the Warrior around the battlefield.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm almost finished with the first chapter/season of the story. If all goes well, should have the beta by next weekend :) Is not very long but in my testing managed to reach level 5-6, so enough to pick some skills and have fun. As said before, this part is much shorter so is not 1/4 of the whole game.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Sounds like my next weekend is already booked. :mrgreen: :gamer: :good: :yahoo:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Note how I said SHOULD HAVE :wink:
(The next Friday Planet Stronghold is on Steam too, so might want to wait if there are problems).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

And now, my PC is just rebooting randomly! exactly what I needed. OK I guess I can say goodbye to any work for the next week (I'll need to get a new PC and move everything there...)
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

jack1974 wrote:And now, my PC is just rebooting randomly! exactly what I needed. OK I guess I can say goodbye to any work for the next week (I'll need to get a new PC and move everything there...)
Jack, you have my sympathy.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Hey no excuses. If your PC could stay on long enough for you to write that post it could stay on long enough for you to write three lines of code. WORK WORK! :)
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

I hope you have good backups (or you can at least still read the data from the current installation).
fleetp wrote:Jack, you have my sympathy.
Otherwise, just this quote.