about this RPG

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: about this RPG

Post by jack1974 »

doing the character creation screen now:
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I'll be looking forward to it.
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

I know you want to keep it the same for both (apart from the romances) but (Well hard to say since we don't know their personalities yet) will we get different opinions or thoughts on the current situation depending on who you are?
Say, Shea is it?, is shy and reserved and Althea is outgoing and in your face. For example: the party were asked to lead a ceremony because they saved a village. Shea would think something like "I can't going in front of all those people and do that?!!" where Althea would be like "Wow I would love to give that a try" Lame example but you get the point I am saying.
Looking forward to seeing the end result. :)
Last edited by MarSel on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

I love to use the word "but" in my sentences, BUT...

In above character selection text I would replace both occurences of "but". In the first line I would say "and" instead. In the second line I would do a full stop an make it two sentences.

What else is to say? Ah, yes: Any update on the game wants me to play it more and more ;-)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I don't think there will be time for different opinion/thought - not saying that FOR SURE there won't be, but I think for the main plot no, for the romances since all the characters are mutually exclusive (I mean there aren't bisex characters, so each romance path is unique) there will be different reactions. However in general I want them to be equal, because otherwise I'm sure there would be complaint, like "why Shea is less brave/smart/cool than Althea!?" and so on :lol: (yes players are nasty people!)
As for the "but", I think I can remove the second one and just put a comma so becomes "The choice will only impact the romance options, both can play the same classes and have equal skills."

Glad you like what I have so far. As I wrote in my blog, DON'T expect an epic huge game like Loren (otherwise I couldn't finish it before end of year for sure!). It will be more along the lines of Planet Stronghold 1, with more gameplay stuff I think. But still a plot and the usual romance routes (and sexy CGs obviously!).
at-a-glance
Young scout

Post by at-a-glance »

Speaking of romances, will there be jelously scenes? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Not sure, though I think might be worth doing them, I mean at least a bit :)
at-a-glance
Young scout

Post by at-a-glance »

jack1974 wrote:Not sure, though I think might be worth doing them, I mean at least a bit :)
It might be hard to do with one hetor and one gay romance option for each PC gender. But the jelousy scenes in Loren added a certain flare to the realtionships.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

at-a-glance wrote:
jack1974 wrote:Not sure, though I think might be worth doing them, I mean at least a bit :)
It might be hard to do with one hetor and one gay romance option for each PC gender. But the jelousy scenes in Loren added a certain flare to the realtionships.
It's not so much that they'd be hard to do so much that they'd have no impact on anyone who isn't bi, unless that is you're recommending that the love interest entirely misinterpret a platonic relationship and get jealous. Now that might be interesting, depending on the personalities involved...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

True, forgot that no character is bisex... or well, maybe some are, but in the story that kind of romance isn't available (but that sounds recipe for trouble...).
For this particular setting, I thought might be more interesting if the twins are jealous/protective of each other. The classic overprotective brother or the sister who asks "what do you find in him/her" but maybe also giving suggestions/making comments. That is rather new and could be fun :)