skills suggestions

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: skills suggestions

Post by jack1974 »

Ah no they are the levels, so Sudden Strike I = 30%, Sudden Strike II = 60%, Sudden Strike III = 90% etc.
In the game will be shown better, like in Loren :lol:
That attack is special because while does less damage (less hp) it drains the enemy SP, so if you use it effectively you can prevent a strong character in the front line from using his/her special attacks which in some cases might be a very good thing!
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Ah yes, that's what I have been missing.

BTW: Why is there no direct link from the Forum home to the mystery RPG subforum? You want to keep it more mysterious?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'll add it once I officially announce it, including the title. All I can tell for now is that there will be the word "Wolf" in the name :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I have the kind of feel that I'm cheating on this one, since it's basically Myrth skill tree with the change of the Barbed Spike which does shattered effect instead of Slow:
...but anyway, in this game condition damage will be much more important (will have bigger impact on the gameplay) so I think it should play different enough!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The Barbarian is done as well:
I think this one will be quite interesting to play as well, with the Kick/Pull skill that if used correctly can be very strong! ie. see that annoying sniper in the back row? stagger him and the pull him on the front line (and with some luck he'll be paralyzed for 2 turns) and take care of him :mrgreen:
Of course like with Loren, I'll have to adjust something while playtesting the game, since I think maybe I overpowered this class a bit (maybe also because I really like this character in general).
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Druid is ok but I hope it'll be more powerful then Myrth since she was seriously underpowered compared to the other mages
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Myrth was really useful, as none of the other mages were healers. So either use Elenor/Saren, who should be in the frontline, or use potions. That the healer does not get the extra-mean attacks is OK.

In the new "wolf" RPG there are less chars, so the party will have only one or two mages/druids -> the druids present need to be better allrounders than the ones in Loren.

Question regarding the barbarian: Pull may be used to swap enemies' positions. Will Kick be used for swap position as well, or what happens instead if there is an archer behind the kicked enemy?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

About the Druid: the condition damage will be very powerful in this game, so beside having good base damage, when a condition damage trigger will hit the enemy hard :) As for healing yes, even the Ranger has some basic healing. The only one that doesn't have it is the Thief but he/she can always use potions.
Also, because how the game is set (you play one of the two sibling) if you pick Ranger, your brother/sister will be Druid, and so on. I am even thinking if could be more fun to allow the character creation of both siblings, leaving full freedom to the player? so if you wants you could have two Druids or two Rangers. But maybe is a bit too much freedom, not sure :lol:
Lonestar51 wrote:Question regarding the barbarian: Pull may be used to swap enemies' positions. Will Kick be used for swap position as well, or what happens instead if there is an archer behind the kicked enemy?
Yes they swap places. They're similar, except with Kick you push back the front row character, swapping position with the one in the back row. Pull does the opposite, but works only if the character in the back row is staggered (otherwise would be too simple to pull a weak caster in the front and paralyze him/her).
They are skills that don't do damage, and will probably cost lot of SP, but if used in the right moment might be devastating. At least that's the plan!
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

awwww :( the barbarian did not gain adrenaline rush =( tis would have been too funny ^^
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well the fury is similar... doing as you said would have made her too powerful :oops: I mean after one hit, hop a super buff? too strong :lol: