Unknown RPG

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Re: Unknown RPG

Post by Lonestar51 » Thu May 16, 2013 8:30 am

Not sure I have the latest patch, I played the game back when it was new. Even before the extension was released. But even then Karen was useful on the frontline (but the healer was healing full-time ;-) )

"I play you the song about the slave who helped Loren defeat the evil Fost. Unfortunately, the slave was slave of the amazons, and they are always a be ... spotty ... when recording the names of them. Anyway, it is said that this slave was even stronger and whiser than the great Loren herself."

MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel » Thu May 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Yes I agree if this is in the future and on another continent then who's to say that the stories (songs) don't change or get mixed up. Was the slave a man or a woman; an elf or a human? I don't think it matters in a song as long as the essence is there. People can't expect you cater for everyone so a happy medium it is :)

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:44 pm

I can always use the "drunk bard" cheat mode in the story :lol:

Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 » Fri May 17, 2013 8:02 pm

Well, the blog post is out, and the secret about the thieves is out now as well ;-) It is that they can hit enemies anywhere (front or back) without penalities.

I think I will put three Thieves in the frontline, each maxed out on speed. This should give me a good chance to put paid to the wizard in the backrow, and THEN the rest of the fight should be a cakewalk. :mrgreen: I tried this in Loren, but (hard difficulty) the wizards survived long enough to heal themselves, and the bows take much too long before the next attack. (But only on hard, on medium the tactic worked fine.) If melee works anywhere, it will be very, VERY strong.

The idea about bonus/malus tiles on the battlefield is quite nice, actually. Possibly better suited to stronghold, maybe. A big stone would hide me from arrows (or plasma rifles ;-) ), but the defense against an enemy swordfighter would not be much improved. Maybe something which buffs or prevents certain kinds of magic? (Like ... quite old, but anyway ... Master of Magic and the Elemental nodes there?)

Oh, and before I forget, some lines for the song:
Who was strong where there are no sons?
Who fought beside Loren, through hills and plains?
Whose name is lost? But fame remains?
The slave of the amazons

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Haha nice song :)

But of course having all Thieves won't work, because I'll also add some special abilities to the Warriors. Or simply change the fact that the thieves cannot sustain much damage in the front line. Or something else, but of course that needs to be tested and balanced.

The tiles with bonus/malus is good too, though maybe a bit hard to represent on the screen, which is already quite cluttered. So maybe I'll just have a generic battlefield setting/theme, like a fight on the swamp=bonus death magic, slower movement, and so on. Even if is a "global" thing should be already interesting I think!

Svanhildr
Young scout

Post by Svanhildr » Fri May 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Eek! So excited to see the main characters and the rest of the crew :) I love this artists art! Wish I was that talented.
Meep :3

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Got more sketches, but want to wait before showing them. We have a bearded magician guy (BxB), a muscular female barbarian (BxG) and other interesting characters. I am trying to have more variety of faces and body shapes/sizes in this game and so far I think is going well :)

MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:32 am

How interesting can't wait to see them. Just the GxB romance to go then... I wonder. GxG was cute but don't know any details. so hard to guess.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:10 am

Will do a proper introduction to them (some details will need to be left a bit uncertain though) once I have all the sprites colored, since some characters have particular hair/eye/skin colors :)

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:30 pm

So I'm starting to get the colored party members. Taleweaver already wrote the character intros, so starting this Sunday will post a new character each week :wink: