Unknown RPG

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Unknown RPG

Post by jack1974 »

Well probably would be enough a subtitle or a prefix like "Tales of Aravorn: Seasons Of The Wolf". Though the title might be a bit too long! for now I'll keep it as it is and decide later, but might just keep it unaltered.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:Well probably would be enough a subtitle or a prefix like "Tales of Aravorn: Seasons Of The Wolf". Though the title might be a bit too long! for now I'll keep it as it is and decide later, but might just keep it unaltered.
I say keep it as it is. Heavy Metal music is sufficiently different that no significant confusion is going to result.
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

all right, let us stop thinking about changing the title. jack needs to focus on finishing the game :D go jack !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

jack1974 wrote:Well probably would be enough a subtitle or a prefix like "Tales of Aravorn: Seasons Of The Wolf". Though the title might be a bit too long! for now I'll keep it as it is and decide later, but might just keep it unaltered.
"Tales of Aravorn: Seasons of the Wolf" seems perfect, actually. I think, that could be it very own series. Let me explain:
You could start it with the SOTW and every other side game launched in the same world and time(in this case, Aravorn), would carry this subtitle on the beginning of the title. Example:

1- "Tales of Aravorn: Seasons of the Wolf"
2- "Tales of Aravorn II: *Insert New title here*
3- And so, and so...

However, Big games like Loren would still have their unique titles, this would keep people from asking "Did this thing that happened in this game happened before, after or at the same time that other game?", and would organize things better. Those side games would show what happened in other parts of Aravorn or would show more of the world that the big games couldn't.

Just my two cents on this 8) But anything you decide is good for me.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

DunKalar wrote:all right, let us stop thinking about changing the title. jack needs to focus on finishing the game :D go jack !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yes indeed I have more urgent things to attend to, like, uh finishing the game in time :mrgreen:
Madance wrote:However, Big games like Loren would still have their unique titles, this would keep people from asking "Did this thing that happened in this game happened before, after or at the same time that other game?", and would organize things better. Those side games would show what happened in other parts of Aravorn or would show more of the world that the big games couldn't.
That were my thoughts, however I don't want people to think that SOTW is inferior to Loren, is probably just different. There'll be less texts and romances, so if you measure a game only by length/romance options (which is of course a perfectly legitimate thing to do!) then yeah, it will be a side game :) however there will be new interesting (I hope) battle mechanics and if I find the time also some BASIC crafting. It will also have a good amount of art, not inferior to Loren. I'm investing a lot in backgrounds and "secondary important NPC" like the Ninim guard captain Daronas in prevision of reusing it in Loren 2 or future games :wink:
Valorous_Roland
Young scout

Post by Valorous_Roland »

I actually love the name Always Remember Me. It just sounds so much more... I dunno, fitting? I know renaming things must be hard after going with something for so long, but sometimes you get an even better one, like (in my opinion) Always Remember Me.

I like the title of SOTW, so I think maybe the idea with a prefix is great. Links it to Loren/Aravorn without being too... Misleading? Like, this isn't a sequel/prequel/spin-off of Loren, but it does relate to it.
If I didn't know anything about your other games, but played and liked Loren, but don't like whatever about Planet Stronghold (maybe i only like fantasy), I may see the prefix in front of SOTW and say, "Huh. It's like Loren then, huh?". And buy it! Which is good for you!
Now I don't know how many people think that way, but hey. Just a thought.
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

But if it was Tales of Aravorn wouldn't that included Amber and Spirited Hearts since they are set in the same world too??
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes indeed, so basically ALL my fantasy games. So maybe doesn't make much sense to have that title prefix :lol:
Valorous_Roland
Young scout

Post by Valorous_Roland »

Well, maybe just for the RPGs then? I didn't know those were in the same world.

But maybe something else then. But if I knew that those two were in the same world as Loren earlier, I may have given them a closer look (I'll probably give them a shot in just a little while... After I try ARM and PS. I have a Winter Wolves backlog :lol: ). So maybe it isn't such a bad idea to make it more clear! I can't be the only one in the dark about that (...Can I? :lol: ).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You should get the good habit to just buy anything I make! :wink:
Jokes apart, I didn't plan to have all games in the same world. It started with Spirited Heart back in 2009... but then in practice I didn't make anymore fantasy game until Loren in 2012 (I did Spirited Heart Girl's Love but that was a sort of expansion).