Cyberpunk 2077

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Rebly82 »

Has anyone been playing it? It's fairly beautiful, but somewhat buggy. :)

If you are ever interested in romancing, just like in Jack's games, I've got a list of the romance interests.
Spoiler:
Long/full Romances (These romances are confirmed)

Panam Palmer
Straight male exclusive

River Ward
Straight female exclusive

Judy Alvarez
Lesbian exclusive

Kerry Eurodyne
Gay male exclusive

Short/casual Romances
(Female) Meredith Strout (available to male/female)
(Female) Rogue Amendiares (available to male/female, plot reasons)
Etc..
There might be a few more.

Flings
All hookers/strippers (female and male version) are available to anyone.

This reminds me a bit of how you do your romances, Jack. Have you ever thought of interspersing your romances with longer/shorter types, and what do you think of such a concept? :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by jack1974 »

I started playing it, but after crashing during a simple fight just because I opened the inventory, I put it on pause until it's better tested (by other players :lol:).
I'm not opposed to some shorter/casual "romance" (though it would be better to call it just sex I think!). My fear is that people could complain thinking it's just a romance done short, but we'll see, I could do that :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

SO many tiny side quests and crimes to interrupt. I think I've overleveled by doing everything around me, and I haven't even finished one city district yet...
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I want to play it, but I don't think my graphics card can handle it. Also, given the fact the game isn't in the best state at the moment, perhaps it's better that I wait.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Since I don't buy AAA games on PC anymore (I only play indie games on it, I can't bother to keep drivers updated, get new cards, etc etc too time wasting) I was lucky that on the xbox one x it works "fine" (FPS wise) but there are still a LOT of crashing bugs, on all platforms. So yes, it's better to wait. I have no rush to play it even if I'm probably going to take 2 weeks of this holidays for the first time in years :lol:
But with the gamepass I just got Control and Greedfall which is a title I wanted to play since ages, and half-month also comes Code Vein, so I can wait until Cyberpunk gets better and maybe they add some free DLCs as well :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

On PC, I have not had a single crash, or a single quest break, in more than 15 hours of play. Sure, there's been a few floating people and objects, and sometimes I am unable to loot bodies because they fall partly into terrain (which could potentially break quests), but, for me at least, the game is absolutely in a state fit for play.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes it's not a total mess as the PS4 version is, but still I'd rather wait to have a better experience :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I do hear it's got a lot of issues on consoles. I did have to tweak it a bit on PC to get a good frame rate, but that's nothing new.

Honestly, I figured AC: Valhalla would have more bugs and didn't get it yet. Also, it's less than a year since I played Odyssey, and I need a longer break than that for AC games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes AC Valhalla had some game - breaking bugs! I had to reload an earlier save 3 times, because it got messed up probably by doing some unexpected things like skipping a dialogue too fast or something else. The fact is that is very open world but has same issues for example of RDR2, where you might accidentally push people down a mountain, etc :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I finished playing Code Vein, really nice game. It's a souls-like but definitely easier once you start checking the various builds online :mrgreen:
Just one fight was terribly balanced (cannoneer/blade) but all the others felt fair, managed to defeat them all after 5-6 attempts.
I actually enjoyed this more than DS3 exactly because was easier and the fights didn't drag too much :)