What are you playing?

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

What are you playing?

Post by jack1974 »

Don't try to hide the truth: it's the period of the year where you'll buy 5000 new games, despite still having about 1 million left unplayed :mrgreen:
What did you play?
Personally I played LiS:Before the storm and had a blast. I don't know who is this Chloe, but definitely not the same person present in the other game! :twisted: Fun, witty really cool to play as her. That was my greatest fear, to not like the main character, and instead was positively impressed. Also very good story overall (I liked the bittersweet ending) and thumbs up to whoever did the 3d model of Rachel, super hot/sexy 8)

I'm also playing Telltale's Batman but I am not sure if I'll go on because there are only 3 episodes out and I hate episodic games :) Will probably wait until all episodes are out.

Tried Senua Hellblade but wasn't for me. I have already enough stress in my daily life, don't need a game to add to it :lol:

Lastly having fun with Steamworld Dig 2, one of the few platform games I can play (easy mode) without getting too much frustrated.

And you what are you playing ?
BobTheMob
Druid

Re: What are you playing?

Post by BobTheMob »

Got Slime Rancher months back and still have yet to get to it... Seems all my playthroughs that I do to showcase on YT are always MUCH later after the game has come out... :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That game is awesome! I know the developer and he's a nice and modest guy as well :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Well, family has been taking my time, so I've only really played SIMULACRA, which is a "lost phone" game, where we impersonate Anna mostly on social media, to find out what happened to her.

It has really cringy actors, but is a nice puzzle game.

Debating when I have the time to plow through LiS: Before the Storm...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Interesting, those "lost phones" games are getting popular. I was thinking to do one too. Of course, the plot twist is that the person who lost the phone in the end it's an AI! :o
Franka wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:01 am Debating when I have the time to plow through LiS: Before the Storm...
I think it's worth it. I even ordered the deluxe version!

Honestly, while the first game had a better overall story, this one has really SUPER writing, in particular the first two episodes. The first two episodes are even more funny than the original game and the best game I played this year. I liked also the 3rd episode but that one it's more controversial (if you check Steam forums, lots of complaints haha).
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Well, my sister got me a Steam gift card and I used it to get Expeditions: Vikings, a game I had been wanting for some time. I have already sunk 18 hours into it since Christmas. It has many of the things I like, Story-driven, turn-based combat, base building and VIKINGS! Did I mention I like VIKINGS!
Akar Dorn
Young scout

Post by Akar Dorn »

Finished "The letter", brilliant, good-written yet long -- really, really long in some places :lol: , -- horror VN, and right now I try to compare beta of new Pillars of Eternity and alpha of Pathfinder: Kingmaker. And it is a tough choice :oops: . They both promise to become my favorite RPGs at release.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Eh those games must be really good, but since for my daily job I have to read/write a lot of texts, I've become somewhat allergic to story-rich games myself :oops:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I've been trying to finish The Letter for five months now, I just can't play it for longer stretches of time because - yeah, really, REALLY long in some places!
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:17 am Honestly, while the first game had a better overall story, this one has really SUPER writing, in particular the first two episodes. The first two episodes are even more funny than the original game and the best game I played this year. I liked also the 3rd episode but that one it's more controversial (if you check Steam forums, lots of complaints haha).
I really liked this one too surprisingly, the writing for all 3 episode was great, the only big and I do mean the big shortcoming of EP3 was the voice acting, it kind of fell off the bus and got ran over by a tank. It sounded like they got coached by Christopher Walken, it kind of detracted from the story. But overall a great by and should keep most people entertained.