What are you playing?

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:53 pm I'm joking as usual but it's clear what I mean, if we consider that the most popular thing of Bioware games (both Dragon Age and Mass Effect series) wasn't the gameplay, but the story/romances...seems clear to me what many people want :)
Ahh, I'm not sure you're right about that being the MOST popular thing in Bioware games, for some people sure, but it's not like Bioware games have BAD gameplay, and there's plenty of gameplay discussions going on.

Is the bonus episode for Before the Storm included in the regular game, or do you need a deluxe edition or something?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe maybe not the single most popular thing, but on par with gameplay I think!
For the bonus episode I think you need deluxe version or something, I'm almost sure of that (you can buy the upgrade on Steam though). It's very short,there are no real surprises, but was great IMHO.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Yah, too expensive if that's all I'd be getting the deluxe edition for, sadly.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

I've been playing lots of Monster hunter world with my partner, and also quite enjoying Into the Breach, I loved their previous game FTL, and so far this one has me hooked as well.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So I got the new title from the creators of Until Dawn... and sadly it's not up to the predecessor :(
In my case though, the story (what I did so far) wasn't "terrible", and there were some nice characters (Julia is hot! :lol:) but the main problem are the controls that are... UGH!! I requested a refund and it's my 4th title on Steam to be refunded! :(
I reached the point in which you must explore the boat to escape and I was running in circles for 10 minutes with totally bad controls and it was super frustrating so I decided to give up with it.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:34 pm So I got the new title from the creators of Until Dawn... and sadly it's not up to the predecessor :(
In my case though, the story (what I did so far) wasn't "terrible", and there were some nice characters (Julia is hot! :lol:) but the main problem are the controls that are... UGH!! I requested a refund and it's my 4th title on Steam to be refunded! :(
I reached the point in which you must explore the boat to escape and I was running in circles for 10 minutes with totally bad controls and it was super frustrating so I decided to give up with it.
Along with other things I've heard, I might just pass on this. At the very least I'll be waiting for a huge discount. Shame, because Until Dawn was such an amazing game (I replayed it maybe half a year ago, it's still great).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes indeed! I bought this one instantly, but then it was really one of the few times when I took advantage of Steam refund, and didn't happen often :(
Sometimes I really don't get AAA devs. I mean, why make such a TERRIBLE control system!? almost fixed camera from weird angles, just walking from a room to another was a huge pain in the ass and it didn't add anything.
A pity because as I said, both story and character were good, that wasn't an issue for me (of course I don't know the whole story since I didn't finish it).
But Until Dawn was a 10 for me, this one is barely a 5 :(
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Yesterday I visited a friend of mine who had Man of Medan, and we played through it in an afternoon (yeah, that's all it took). Just sharing a controller for different characters, not true coop.

You weren't kidding about the camera angles and the controls. Yikes! Not helping that all the corridors in the ship looked identical, we often found ourselves walking back the way we came...

Bad story, I guessed the "twist" almost immediately (no spoiler though), didn't like any of the characters. The most fun we had was predicting the jump scares and reading the lines in funny voices.

In the end, all 5 of our main characters survived! I couldn't believe it, considering how easy it was for people to die in Until Dawn. Looking over the secret list, we were missing several, but thought we'd been pretty thorough. Found a guide online, and it turns out there's a handful of secrets that can only be found by playing online coop. That's the worst thing I've ever heard, scenes simply cut out of single player, so you can't possibly unlock everything unless you play online.

There's no way in hell I'm getting this game for myself, I punched that ignore button hard when I got home.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha wow. I am glad I requested the refund then, since your full experience seemed even worse.
Sad thing is that their previous game is not available on PC, so maybe now they'll erroneously think that "PC is not good for those kind of games". I really hope not, because I'd like to see more games like that, done better of course :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Check out the competition: Love Esquire

Fully voiced, animated, stat raising, location map, light RPG system, 5 love interests, and so many events I'm not even going to try to guess the word count.

Right now there's a good amount of bugs, but once these get squashed, this one will rank among my favorite visual novels.

These are also the guys who made The Letter, which was quite amazing as well.