What are you playing?

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: What are you playing?

Post by jack1974 »

The main issue is that I can't seem to find many people for co-op. I thought since it's a record-selling game it wouldn't be a problem, especially on PS (PS4 and PS5 can cross-play). I did some co-op helping people with Godfrick but can't find anyone to help me :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hah, I just leveled a bit and now can use Moonveil (magic katana) and killed Rennala at 3rd attempt (with 2nd very close) and also managed to kill Radahn too (that was super tough!).
If gets even more difficult now I don't know what the hell lol
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Still using Moonveil (+8 right now), pretty sure I'll be using it for the rest of the game.

Good job breaking those barriers, now it should be easy until the next big boss. :lol: Now you can get Rennala's Full Moon spell (well, at INT 70 anyway), and get access to areas with other good spells that should help, like Night Shard.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Heh I tried the mimic thing but sucks lol, the computer AI plays it really bad. Instead I'm liking a lot the skeleton shield one, they're very tough and can block boss long enough for me to deal a lot of damage from distance :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Maybe Greatshield Soldier is more for you, 5 dudes with big shields. My Mimic solos some of the bosses. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I haven't found yet the tool to purchase gloveworth upgrades so are only +4, maybe if your is +10 is much better :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Probably any summon is ridiculous at +10.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There was a video on youtube of someone testing ALL the summons against the draconic sentinel, but IMHO is not a good comparison since some summon are good at ranged combat, others at close, then depends on arena size, etc
I think I'll be leveling both mimic for magic/ranged and the skeletons for close range/keep bosses busy, unless I find something better :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Finally finished the capital and sewers, now off to Land of Giants. I can feel the end coming closer.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I'm still way behind, but after today's tooth extraction I guess I'll catch up since I'll be KO a couple of days (no work).
The main thing is that there are some optional bosses that require a specific build. For example in a dungeon there's a putrid tree boss in a very small room, and basically it kills you in 2 hits unless you have a frost weapon that reduces its stamina until it becomes immobilized... so some (optional, lukcily) bosses can be beaten ONLY with a specific setup, and I think that's not cool (should be still possible to beat them somehow with not a 100% specific gear).
Anyway got the Comet Azur+Terra Magicus and it's really cool to halve bosses health in one shot :D