Steam Summer Sale

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Franka
Elder Druid

Steam Summer Sale

Post by Franka »

Oh snap! The Steam Summer Sale is on! Once the traffic dies down a little (seriously, it takes minutes for each screen to load for me right now), I'm going to spend so much money on games I'll never play! :P

I should set a budget, or I'll end up going overboard, half of my wishlist is discounted 40+%... :? (Ok, slightly exaggerated, but still.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by jack1974 »

I usually set aside 100 eur on a temporary CC (I can generate one with my bank) so that I have a hard limit that I cannot exceed. Last time though I didn't even reach half. I don't have time anymore, and honestly there isn't much that interest me nowadays, as player.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Well, so far 100€ went down the drain just for games on my wishlist. Oops?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha, well as long as the games spent are worth it or you play them sooner or later is fine!

I mostly buy games for 2 reasons:
1) because I want to play them (obviously)
2) to do "research". Since I make games too, sometimes I hear stuff like "the combat on game XYZ is well done" and so on. So, sometimes I just watch youtube videos, other times I buy the game to see for myself.

In case of 2, many times I even play for 3-4h the game and then no more :lol: but it's still worth it for me personally since I can get ideas for my own games/stories :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Most of them will be filed under "later", but yeah, my work doesn't involve games so everything is something I want to play eventually!

Except maybe the nostalgia purchases...
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

The most expensive game I bought this month is still a Winter Wolves game though!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Pfuit obviously!!!!!!!!!! quality is expensive!!! 8) :lol:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Franka wrote:Well, so far 100€ went down the drain just for games on my wishlist. Oops?
I switched to the strategy of only buying games when my uncompleted game list drops to a handful and that's helped my wallet survive the summer sale. After all, there are so many deep discount sales on Steam it's not like you miss out forever.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Here we go again, Steam completely unresponsive.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes I gave up looking at it in the first 2-3 hours, since it never works anyway. Also with the new system the discount last the whole sale, so there's really no hurry :)