New Comp

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: New Comp

Post by jack1974 »

YOU DON'T HAVE AN SSD!?!??!? :shock:
That's the most important thing ever :) It's probably the only one single thing that you'll notice immediately once you put it in your PC - of course also more RAM, and a better videocard, but it will change how windows load, application response, etc.
I even put an SSD on my PS4, since couldn't stand the superslow loading times :lol:
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Honestly, if I do get a SSD, I intend on using it just for Windows 10.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Booting up in 10s instead of 45s is good :)
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Jaeger wrote:I initially wanted go for a Nvidia card, as they are supposedly more energy efficient and produce less heat. However, they are generally more expensive, which is why I went for the alternative. In the event I need to upgrade, I might consider a Nvidia card when I don't have other components to worry about.

I'm contemplating whether I should get extra RAM (currently have 8gb)or a SSD.
I recommend getting extra RAM, but only if your motherboard can use it.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

fleetp wrote:
Jaeger wrote:I initially wanted go for a Nvidia card, as they are supposedly more energy efficient and produce less heat. However, they are generally more expensive, which is why I went for the alternative. In the event I need to upgrade, I might consider a Nvidia card when I don't have other components to worry about.

I'm contemplating whether I should get extra RAM (currently have 8gb)or a SSD.
I recommend getting extra RAM, but only if your motherboard can use it.
I think I will go for RAM then. One of the games I have, The Whispered World, requires 16 GB, or least that's what it says on box of the retail version.

Anyways, with much difficulty, I finally built my pc. Now, I see why Jack hasn't built a PC in a while. So many things can go wrong. Sadly, my old pc"( wouldn't work anymore before I could transfer some files. :(