Double/Cross

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
P_Tigras
Druid

Double/Cross

Post by P_Tigras »

ValHallen wrote:
P_Tigras wrote:...

BTW, there's a well written MILF romance available to both genders in CoG's Double/Cross:

https://www.choiceofgames.com/user-cont ... e=ourgames

The exact age of this elegant MILF named Rebecca is left vague, while your character's exact age is up to you. Nevertheless she is said to be "middle-aged" and in her "autumn years" while her son who you work for is 10 years older than your character. For that and reasons I can't get into without dropping spoilers I'd put her at around 30 years older than your character, which makes it quite different from the usual.

I know its off-topic but I really need to know. Is there any way to catch the kidnapper?
Yes, although you need to catch the kidnapper during the night of the attempt either during the kidnapping or immediately afterward. The next day or later is too late.
ValHallen
Druid

Re: Double/Cross

Post by ValHallen »

P_Tigras wrote:
ValHallen wrote:
P_Tigras wrote:...

BTW, there's a well written MILF romance available to both genders in CoG's Double/Cross:

https://www.choiceofgames.com/user-cont ... e=ourgames

The exact age of this elegant MILF named Rebecca is left vague, while your character's exact age is up to you. Nevertheless she is said to be "middle-aged" and in her "autumn years" while her son who you work for is 10 years older than your character. For that and reasons I can't get into without dropping spoilers I'd put her at around 30 years older than your character, which makes it quite different from the usual.

I know its off-topic but I really need to know. Is there any way to catch the kidnapper?
Yes, although you need to catch the kidnapper during the night of the attempt either during the kidnapping or immediately afterward. The next day or later is too late.
I choose to go after him at the ball, go to the monitoring room and after that all 3 choices lead to him escaping.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

You need a career stat > 70 to find kidnapper's footprints when you check the circuit brakers, and then you can follow them. You'll need to win the fight that comes afterward without getting injured to catch the person. Oh, and the kidnapper may not necessarily stay caught. What happens after you catch them depends on whom you've allied with...
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

How I can win the fight without getting injuried?
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Hmm...you need career > 85 to avoid an initial injury and then you need to try something other than the sleeper hold, as the sleeper hold will result in an injury to your character as well.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

P_Tigras wrote:Hmm...you need career > 85 to avoid an initial injury and then you need to try something other than the sleeper hold, as the sleeper hold will result in an injury to your character as well.
OK, now I see why I couldn't get him. My career was at 75.

Edit: is there anyway to romance Rebecca and catch the kidnapper? I got Career at 82 while trying to romance her and couldn't catch him.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Yes you can catch the kidnapper while romancing Rebecca, and you'll get a short scene with her immediately afterward that you wouldn't get otherwise. Nevertheless,
Spoiler:
if you subsequently choose to turn the kidnapper over to the police then your relationship with her will end. The game itself will also end more quickly since your employer will no longer need your services.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

How I do that? Can you give me a walkthrough? :P
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

There's not that much to it really. Let someone get kidnapped, investigate immediately afterward, have a career score over 85 when you check out the circuit breaker and follow the footprints to the kidnapper, and don't pick the sleeper hold option while fighting the kidnapper. Then after you've captured the kidnapper,
Spoiler:
listen to Rebecca's advice when she appears, and do what she wants. If she's happy, then she'll make sure you're happy. The same goes for Opal if you give her a try instead. Both of them are heavily focused on achieving their individual goal, and neither of them is a bleeding heart, although of the two, Opal is the more ruthless. Nevertheless whichever one you make a deal with -will- stay true to her deal with your character and be delighted to continue your relationship as long as you come through on your end of the deal. Coming through on your end of the deal however requires sticking around at the mansion a bit longer, and that in turn requires letting the kidnapper go so your employer still has a reason to keep you around. On my first play-through I did the honorable thing and turned the kidnapper into the police, and as a result the game not only ended early, but I lost the girl too.

If you want to take the honorable route it's better to prevent the kidnapper from kidnapping anyone at all. This way he's still out there, you get praised for successfully safeguarding all of your charges, your employer still needs you, and you still have your gal. Note that if the kidnapper fails to kidnap anyone, then it's impossible to catch them.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

P_Tigras wrote:There's not that much to it really. Let someone get kidnapped, investigate immediately afterward, have a career score over 85 when you check out the circuit breaker and follow the footprints to the kidnapper, and don't pick the sleeper hold option while fighting the kidnapper. Then after you've captured the kidnapper,
Spoiler:
listen to Rebecca's advice when she appears, and do what she wants. If she's happy, then she'll make sure you're happy. The same goes for Opal if you give her a try instead. Both of them are heavily focused on achieving their individual goal, and neither of them is a bleeding heart, although of the two, Opal is the more ruthless. Nevertheless whichever one you make a deal with -will- stay true to her deal with your character and be delighted to continue your relationship as long as you come through on your end of the deal. Coming through on your end of the deal however requires sticking around at the mansion a bit longer, and that in turn requires letting the kidnapper go so your employer still has a reason to keep you around. On my first play-through I did the honorable thing and turned the kidnapper into the police, and as a result the game not only ended early, but I lost the girl too.

If you want to take the honorable route it's better to prevent the kidnapper from kidnapping anyone at all. This way he's still out there, you get praised for successfully safeguarding all of your charges, your employer still needs you, and you still have your gal. Note that if the kidnapper fails to kidnap anyone, then it's impossible to catch them.
I was having difficult to raise the career to 85, but I finally did it.
Nice game overall, any other recomendation?