7 Kingdoms: The Princess Problem

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
P_Tigras
Druid

Re: 7 Kingdoms: The Princess Problem

Post by P_Tigras »

Hmm...it looks like two of the three new romances from the stretch goals are female. I do believe that gives a total of 10+1=11 GxB romances and 3+2=5 GxG romances.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Anima_ wrote:Oh dear, this is one of these games I really like. But I'll never get past character creation. Too many fun choices, but such a devastating lack of commitment on my part.
Heh, I know I spent a lot of time doing just that.
P_Tigras wrote:Hmm...it looks like two of the three new romances from the stretch goals are female. I do believe that gives a total of 10+1=11 GxB romances and 3+2=5 GxG romances.
Yep. While its still not equal, I admit it isn't a problem for me, especially as this is their first project. I know another writer also pushed for more GxG romances besides me ^_^
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

While of course I wish them all the luck, I'm a bit surprised when they have SO MANY romances as their first project. A lot of KS project are vaporware or when they're out they're very underwhelming vs the expectations. There's a reason why my first game was Heileen (shortest game and with less romances I've ever done) :wink:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

The demo is already incredibly impressive. If they can continue to deliver on that, it's going to be fantastic.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:While of course I wish them all the luck, I'm a bit surprised when they have SO MANY romances as their first project. A lot of KS project are vaporware or when they're out they're very underwhelming vs the expectations. There's a reason why my first game was Heileen (shortest game and with less romances I've ever done) :wink:
Given the nature of the game, their romances are really short. I mean if one was to do a word count, I wouldn't be surprised if just one PSCD romance dialogue is almost as long as the whole romance arc for a character.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:While of course I wish them all the luck, I'm a bit surprised when they have SO MANY romances as their first project. A lot of KS project are vaporware or when they're out they're very underwhelming vs the expectations. There's a reason why my first game was Heileen (shortest game and with less romances I've ever done) :wink:
Given the nature of the game, their romances are really short. I mean if one was to do a word count, I wouldn't be surprised if just one PSCD romance dialogue is almost as long as the whole romance arc for a character.
Franka wrote:The demo is already incredibly impressive. If they can continue to deliver on that, it's going to be fantastic.
They put a lot of work in the demo, and I could be mistaken, but it does represent roughly 1/3 of the game.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Given the nature of the game, their romances are really short. I mean if one was to just compare word count, I wouldn't be surprised if just one PSCD romance dialogue is almost as long as the whole romance arc for a character.

Of course, as it is a different style game, it isn't exactly a fair comparison then. I mean, romances in Long Live the Queen (which was an inspiration for 7 Kingdoms) was almost non-existent except for a few places.
Last edited by Miakoda on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah OK I see then :) hehe the length of PSCD romances is nuts !
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Miakoda wrote:They put a lot of work in the demo, and I could be mistaken, but it does represent roughly 1/3 of the game.
I doubt that's still the case after all the stretch goals of the Kickstarter that have been met. :wink:
pyla88
Young scout

Post by pyla88 »

I know rightttt? I'm so excited! The release date shouldn't be too far off from their estimate though, cause they oversold it in case of incident and kickstarter x)

Hope it's not too much work tho x/ Aly's really nice, I think.