7 Kingdoms: The Princess Problem

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Miakoda
Elder Druid

7 Kingdoms: The Princess Problem

Post by Miakoda »

Recently, I came across a game which is still in development, and may soon pursue crowd-funding, but I found myself adoring the demo.

It is called 7 Kingdoms: The Princess Problem.
Part of its description follows:
Every seven years the seven kingdoms send their best and brightest young people to be their delegates at the Vail Isle Summit. A tradition where seven weeks are spent together to form friendships, alliances and marriages. This year, however, things are different. Since the Great Peace, never have alliances been so close to collapse, the seven nations on the razor’s edge of war. What happens at this summit could very well determine the fate of the known world.

You are one of the delegates.

In this world of politics, intrigue and danger will you find love? Make friends? Alliances? Or will you fail and be forced to watch as the world once again crumbles into destruction and despair?

It is your story and it is not yet written.
You can find a demo here:
https://sevenkingdomsgame.wordpress.com/demo/
ValHallen
Druid

Re: 7 Kingdoms: The Princess Problem

Post by ValHallen »

Can I go to war and conquest the others kingdoms?
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

ValHallen wrote:Can I go to war and conquest the others kingdoms?
It is possible to make enemies, and even have your life threatened, but going to war and conquest is out of the question. So, this is probably not the game for you.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Miakoda wrote:
ValHallen wrote:Can I go to war and conquest the others kingdoms?
From what I've played of the Demo, no, so it may not be a game to your tastes.
Its not that I don't like being the Savior Jesus 2.0 uniting everyone with the power of love and friendship (I liked Loren :P), its just that almost every game does that.
Must be a reason why I like the Empire path in PS and the why I'm eargely waiting Roger Steel.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

ValHallen wrote:Its not that I don't like being the Savior Jesus 2.0 uniting everyone with the power of love and friendship (I liked Loren :P), its just that almost every game does that.
I agree that games, especially the ones which use RenPy tend to be this way. That said, I admit I can have a bloodthirsty streak as well. ;)
Must be a reason why I like the Empire path in PS and the why I'm eargely waiting Roger Steel.
Then I think you will like some of the paths/decision in Planet Stronghold Colonial Defense as Jack1974 has hinted at. I can't wait to see your reaction to one of the ending CGs ^_^
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha true, there's an ending which seems made on purpose for you, Valhallen :mrgreen:
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Miakoda wrote:Then I think you will like some of the paths/decision in Planet Stronghold Colonial Defense as Jack1974 has hinted at. I can't wait to see your reaction to one of the ending CGs ^_^
Will it be like the "Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima", with Empire soldiers rising it's flag (does the Empire have a flag?) in abolou soaked battlefield with several aliens corpses burning? :mrgreen:
jack1974 wrote:Haha true, there's an ending which seems made on purpose for you, Valhallen :mrgreen:
I must continue the Nelson family traddition of exterminating aliens :P. Purging the Heretics like another Empire.

Speaking more seriously, my favorite ending in a RPG was the one in Alpha Protocol. For those who dont know, its a game where a American agent uncover a global wise conspiracy involving a big weapon manufacture industry (Halbech) and his own agency (Alpha Protocol), to plunge the world in a second Cold War. It would make the owner of Halbech more rich and would solidify the USA as the most powerful nation.
In the path do uncover the conspiracy you would get involved with terrorrists, para-military groups, russian and chinese mob, spies, assassins, double agents and a maniacal sociopathy that can become your best friend.
As the player you can make the world better by arresting or killing those elements, saving thousands of lives and bringing down both Alpha Protocol and Halbech. Ofc in this ending you become one of the most wanted criminal in the USA.
Or you could do my favorite ending: make alliances with every scumbag from around the world (they even help you in the missions) and powerful friends (you can choose to save the president of Taiwan but let thousands die in riots), make the Halbech owner like you and he even ask for you to work with him, bring down Alpha Protocol and in the ending kill the Halbech owner and took over his busnisses, with the help of the network you built.
The protagonist was very pro-active (something very difficult from a protagonist), that he became my favorite RPG protagonist too. I like endings where my char becomes powerful (be it rich or absorb a powerful spirit like in JE), not necessary evil or bloodthirst.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Alpha protocol is great, one of my favorite games of all times indeed :)
I understand what you mean completely. It is not always possible to do what you say but as you saw from PS1, and how PSCD will be, I'm trying to :)
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

Miakoda wrote:Recently, I came across a game which is still in development, and may soon pursue crowd-funding, but I found myself adoring the demo.

It is called 7 Kingdoms: The Princess Problem.
Part of its description follows:
Every seven years the seven kingdoms send their best and brightest young people to be their delegates at the Vail Isle Summit. A tradition where seven weeks are spent together to form friendships, alliances and marriages. This year, however, things are different. Since the Great Peace, never have alliances been so close to collapse, the seven nations on the razor’s edge of war. What happens at this summit could very well determine the fate of the known world.

You are one of the delegates.

In this world of politics, intrigue and danger will you find love? Make friends? Alliances? Or will you fail and be forced to watch as the world once again crumbles into destruction and despair?

It is your story and it is not yet written.
You can find a demo here:
https://sevenkingdomsgame.wordpress.com/demo/

Miakoda? Thanks for the tip. Totally owe you for that one

Only "negative" thing about 7 Kingdoms I can mention would be .....it's not done yet ^^
Loved the demo, it's -really- well done, the characters really well written, in short?
I'm definatly looking forward to the full release
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

The demo was fun. :) While there are quite a few typo's in need of clean-up, particularly in the later parts of the demo, the gameplay is solid. That said, it's a pity there isn't a male protagonist or more G-G romance options, although given the nature of the game, I can understand the lack of the first. I was so sad when I discovered that Avalie wasn't romanceable however...