Dragon Age inquisition early reviews

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Dragon Age inquisition early reviews

Post by Franka » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:45 am

I made four saves so far... Incidentally, it's a little annoying that all the really interesting options in DA:O seem limited to noble characters. This is definitely why there's so much stuff I missed out on, I only played through with one noble character.

iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:44 pm

Are you talking about the dwarven noble having a kid or the human noble becoming king/queen?

Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:46 pm

iWeasle wrote:Are you talking about the dwarven noble having a kid or the human noble becoming king/queen?
For me, both 'noble' storylines were more interesting than the dwarf outcast, or human mage.

iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:06 pm

Miakoda wrote:
iWeasle wrote:Are you talking about the dwarven noble having a kid or the human noble becoming king/queen?
For me, both 'noble' storylines were more interesting than the dwarf outcast, or human mage.
Yeah, though my favorite character was a city elf... granted that might just be because she romanced Leliana :lol: ...

Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Both. The best part is I never saw ANY of these outcomes, since I sacrificed my noble lady in the end.

Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:56 pm

Been playing during all my "off" time. I love this game. It's massive, it's fairly open, and the "meaty" story quests are interesting and epic. Also, there's an outright ugly love interest... (those DA elves got their noses broken regularly as babies or something) ...who I passed up for the other F-F love interest whose personality was more appealing to me. Then I unlocked more scenes with Sera and almost regretted it... ah well, there'll be more playthroughs.

People are howling about the "ugly" M-F romance options, but I died a little inside when I couldn't have a F-F romance with Cassandra. She's way hot.

Also, epic beards and 'staches on the males are awesome. Shame about the clipping on Blackwall's beard though.

Whoever it was who had trouble differentiating the characters, they just weren't paying attention. There's only one character that I find a little anonymous (more so than the one who literally IS anonymous), and I'll bet it's just a matter of getting into more personal dialogue.

And less it all be romancey stuff, it's a shame about the action combat system, but I can't get into the optional tactical system at all. I guess that's what easy difficulty is for, so I don't have to bother too much with the combat.

iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:43 pm

Franka wrote:Been playing during all my "off" time. I love this game. It's massive, it's fairly open, and the "meaty" story quests are interesting and epic. Also, there's an outright ugly love interest... (those DA elves got their noses broken regularly as babies or something) ...who I passed up for the other F-F love interest whose personality was more appealing to me. Then I unlocked more scenes with Sera and almost regretted it... ah well, there'll be more playthroughs.

People are howling about the "ugly" M-F romance options, but I died a little inside when I couldn't have a F-F romance with Cassandra. She's way hot.

Also, epic beards and 'staches on the males are awesome. Shame about the clipping on Blackwall's beard though.

Whoever it was who had trouble differentiating the characters, they just weren't paying attention. There's only one character that I find a little anonymous (more so than the one who literally IS anonymous), and I'll bet it's just a matter of getting into more personal dialogue.

And less it all be romancey stuff, it's a shame about the action combat system, but I can't get into the optional tactical system at all. I guess that's what easy difficulty is for, so I don't have to bother too much with the combat.
Yeah, the games great. I'm currently doing a character pursuing Sera, she's fun :lol: . I don't use the tactical system often, but I pull it up when I'm in trouble :) .

Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:59 am

This game rocks! I totally love exploring through all the lush forest and greenery. :)

I'm still not very far along, but got to put the game on pause, as I'm getting booked up with RL stuff. I've decided to romance Josephine for my first playthrough with my female human inquisitor (Rogue class). The controls for the PC are not that bad to me. With smart key rebindings, it is workable. But combat is definitely a partial inconvenience. And I hate tactical mode, as it messes with my camera view. I hope I never have to rely on it, as the game gets tougher down the line.

Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:48 pm

First playthrough: Just about 110 hours. I'll take a break before the next one...

iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Franka wrote:First playthrough: Just about 110 hours. I'll take a break before the next one...
I'm considering starting a new playthrough early, but I'm really on the fence about it cause of this xD. I've decided I would have rather romanced Josephine than Sera, but I already have almost 40 hours put into it. If I start over be set back, but in reference to how long the game is (which is a good thing) if I dont it will be a long time until I follow the path I want :lol: . Ahh gamer problems :mrgreen: .