Dragon Age inquisition early reviews

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Exizel
Woods ranger

Re: Dragon Age inquisition early reviews

Post by Exizel »

leliana was LI in dragon age origin and Bioware doesn't want to reuse LI ,....but in a way she is a LI because she has some dialogue change if she romance the warden :lol: .
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I must say that not reusing characters for romance in successive games is a very wise idea, considering all the madness we're going through with Loren 2 :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

glad you like it. It can be a bit of busywork to get to some of the story, but it really is a fun game. And man very different characters across the board. For me my aww moment was Vivienne. How was that entrance not the best ever XD
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

If your warden romanced Leliana and is still alive, there is this lovely scene one of the times you talk to her at camp and ask her about her history with the Warden (the player from the first game)

It's not really a spoiler, and this dialogue only happens if your warden is alive and romanced only Leliana. but I thought I'd be safe just in case
Spoiler:
"She is always in my thoughts, even when we're far apart.
My love is on a quest of her own, when the inquisition has no further need of me, I will join her, for good this time, I have lost enough I will NOT lose her as well".

Makes me think of how my Althea feels about Chalassa, she's lost enough, she won't lose her love as well!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So after several more hours, I quite liked it. But for me (believe it or not lol) the most important part was to research the gameplay :)
And was surprised to see several points that I've discussed in the past with Anima and that I want to include in future RPGs, like:
- 6 inventory slots total: weapon (which can be two handed, weapon+shield, etc), armor body, armor head, necklace, belt and two rings. In my case I think will reduce the slots even more, since 6 for each character is a lot (and with SOTW was a micromanagement nightmare lol)
- they have a crafting system very simple, for example the armor has arms and legs slots in which you can put upgrades that change the armor stats, same for weapons. I don't know yet in which games or if I'll include crafting (except Amber obviously!) but is an interesting metagame :)
- NO HEALING, except some resurrect skill but at very high level. Only potions can restore lost health. That was interesting and unexpected, but really works well. I think in all future RPG I'll do the same, remove healing from the common spell and/or make it cost a lot (in term of mana/SP needed or time/delay or something)
- the combat is in 3d, realtime, with a battlefield so really not comparable to my games, however there are a lot of mechanics like fear/panic, taunt/guarding, etc. In particular the taunt is a mechanic that I missed completely, and it's important. I'm going to try to implement it in QoT :P
Svanhildr
Young scout

Post by Svanhildr »

Since DAI is one of my all time favorite games I'm quite happy that you researched it some and might find something to use in your games~

If you ever decide to create a character similar to Cole in your games as a romance I would be really happy! He is so cute and adorable in DAI but ofc no romance...
Meep :3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha in my playthrough I sent Cole away :mrgreen:
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote: - NO HEALING, except some resurrect skill but at very high level. Only potions can restore lost health. That was interesting and unexpected, but really works well. I think in all future RPG I'll do the same, remove healing from the common spell and/or make it cost a lot (in term of mana/SP needed or time/delay or something)
Even if there was no healing beyond potions ( with the exception of ressurgence, knight-enchanter's focus skill) there was a lot of ways to prevent dmg. Warrior have guard, shield wall, block and slash, etc, Mages have barrier and rogues have stealth.
If you are low on potions you can always fast travel to you camp and restore your potion and your health.

Will you do something like that too?

And did you choose the superior forces, the templars? =P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah well, as said it's a bit different since real-time (even if you can pause) is hard to compare to turn based. But doesn't matter if it's done either by:
- potions/spells that heal damaged HP
- barriers/guard that add HP on top of base HP

the key point is to have either a limit of uses per battle, or a limit in other ways like a very long cooldown for healing, and so on. There's nothing more boring than a battle that goes on for long time and the main actions are attack/healing/attack/healing :lol:

And of course I saved the templars, even if I played as a very hot female mage that called Elenor! :wink:
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:And of course I saved the templars, even if I played as a very hot female mage that called Elenor! :wink:
ValHallen Greatly Approves.

You should have choosen a male Inquisitor, nothing beats CassImage:
Spoiler: