Website redesign for my downloads

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Legendzerox
Young scout

Website redesign for my downloads

Post by Legendzerox »

Basically the title. As it is right now, all you do is download the game and activate it with your email, which anyone who knows your email could potentially activate the game. I don't know how yall feel about drm, and I like it being really drm free, but theres gotta be a better way. I'll think more about it. Also on the website, a place where you can see what you bought, like a My downloads page. Currently you only know you bought it with the email they send you, and the full copy being registered on the email address. Thoughts?
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Website redesign for my downloads

Post by jack1974 »

I know though I assume only your friends can know your email, but recently I have also added the more anonymous serial codes. I thought about switching off completely using the email system, but some users find it useful so I'm thinking to keep it.
Ideally if I could have a sort of login/account system to retrieve the serials would be great, but not enough time/knowledge to do a system like that. I could be looking if there's an easy ready made system maybe.
Before I was using fullversion downloads, but was a major pain because of the many support requests from users that lost their download links was taking away too much of my precious time :oops:
Legendzerox
Young scout

Post by Legendzerox »

Eh If I was still in school for computer programming and knew a lot, I would volunteer for help. As it stands, I only took a class in Java so my knowledge of web design is horrible. I will keep an eye on the web should I see an ready to use system. That uses the GNU General Public License of course. http://www.authpro.com/ Found something called Authpro which just requires html copy past onto the website source code. It costs money for the deluxe though.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well the best solution would be if Humble was improving his backend, then I could just use that to sell. I currently use BMT for many reasons, which sadly are invisible for the users, but make a big difference for me (affiliates, control panel, etc). I spoke with them though and they said things might improve soon. If that's the case probably the easiest solution for me would be that one :)
Legendzerox
Young scout

Post by Legendzerox »

Thats cool. I can't wait to see what happens. Keep working hard, all of us appreciate it.